5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone ever upgraded from standard to off road package suspension?

nimbus

Reaction score
I went from a 2020 Big Horn with the ORP to a 2022 Laramie with the standard suspension. I hate the way the new truck rides (it’s so smooth maybe I’m feeling too much?) and think I would prefer the feel of the off-road suspension. Am I crazy for wanting to do this? If I were to do this, what parts would I need to replicate the ORP suspension setup? Thanks for any insights!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BostonBLS

Reaction score
Wait for someone to sell their take off rebel set up. Better shocks and same ride height as orp. I did that in my Laramie and love it.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Wait a minute. In the other thread you posted this, "I went from a 2020 Big Horn with e-torque to a 2022 Laramie without it and I swear the ride quality in my new truck is worse. So much worse, in fact, that I took the Laramie back to the dealership after 200 miles because I was convinced a wheel was out of balance or something. I feel more shaking and vibration at all speeds and RPMs than I ever remember feeling in the Big Horn". Now you're saying it's smoother? 🥴

nimbus

Reaction score
Wait a minute. In the other thread you posted this, "I went from a 2020 Big Horn with e-torque to a 2022 Laramie without it and I swear the ride quality in my new truck is worse. So much worse, in fact, that I took the Laramie back to the dealership after 200 miles because I was convinced a wheel was out of balance or something. I feel more shaking and vibration at all speeds and RPMs than I ever remember feeling in the Big Horn". Now you're saying it's smoother? 🥴
I should have put "so smooth" in sarcastic air quotes. I know I must sound crazy, but I do not like the way the Laramie rides.

R3RAM

Reaction score
Wait for someone to sell their take off rebel set up. Better shocks and same ride height as orp. I did that in my Laramie and love it.
BostonBLS, sent you a PM for more info.

Users who are viewing this thread