5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone ever order from factory then lease?

Yogi217

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

So I have a good deal from Craig at Koons to do a factory order, but I'm most likely going to lease, which he said is no problem.

The way they do their deal if you are unfamiliar is they give you a price and then whatever incentives are in play at the time of delivery, they add in.

My issue is I'd like to see how the price he quoted would translate into a lease. But they wont do that. No hypothetical using today's numbers, which i can respect.

I have the MF and RV from Edmund's lease forum, so I can use their lease calculator to figure out a hypothetical lease price based on today's numbers, but if I'm wrong, and the lease payments turn out to be way above my estimate, i could lose the $1k deposit if i dont taken the truck.

So I'm nervous to commit because of that unknown. And if im wrong, the wife may chop my ____ off.

Anyone been through this and can help me get a good sense of how to approach this?

His price is much lower than offers I've been given so far, but in truth i have not pushed very hard since my current lease isn't up until beg of Sept.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

U

User_3336

Lease rebates (if any currently) are much different than rebates if you finance or buy ouright. Research this!!!

You need to ask the dealer the EXACT MF and RV values, not relying on Edmunds. If the dealer can't/won't supply this, I'd pass on leasing from this particular dealer.

Dave07

Reaction score
Lease programs change month to month you really won’t know until the truck arrives.

I would maybe get them to agree to a certain dealer discount (ie 10% or whatever) right off the bat. And then add in whatever the program for the month is.

It’s definitely a gamble imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

U

User_3336

Lease rebates usually suck, and there's only $1250 to $1750 this month. you did not mention the trim level you are looking at. This was for a BIG HORN.

Higher trim levels reduce the lease cash to $1250.

Chrysler Capital 2020 Bonus Cash 20CL5[1]$500
Southeast BC Lease Cash 66LL1[2]$1,250
Total Bonus Cash$1,750

thetalonguy

Reaction score
Just curious; they’re making you put down a non-refundable deposit?

Yogi217

Reaction score
Yes, put down non refund 1k unless something is wrong with the truck, then refundable. But non refund if i walk.

Yes, I have a set price. That doesn't change. Just rebates can only further reduce.

thetalonguy

Reaction score
Yes, put down non refund 1k unless something is wrong with the truck, then refundable. But non refund if i walk.

Yes, I have a set price. That doesn't change. Just rebates can only further reduce.

Honestly, I’d gamble and wait if it were me. Your lease isnt up until September; so your next few payments are also being factored into your numbers. However, I didn’t order my truck. I leased off the lot and got an amazing deal in January 20 on a ‘20. I think it was like 11k in lease rebates before dealer discount; base V8 BH with remote start.

Can you post up the exact deal as is? MSRP, Selling price before rebates, money factor, residual value, term and FCA rebates. $ Drive off/down payments?

Yogi217

Reaction score
I can wait. I have an extra car when the lease runs out anyway. I'd be boring it from my father, but it's all good.

So, v8 BH, night edition, ORG and other options. Msrp 54540, sale price of 47560. That sale price is firm and set, so in theory you base your lease off of that. Residual would still be off of msrp and then lease is the difference between msrp and rv, plus discount from dealer which is roughly 7k plus incentives at time and down payments. My taxes would be 7.75%, MF on 42/12k is 0.00008 and ive actually confirmed that with other dealers.

So if I was buying today and the dealer gave me that price, I'd have no problem leasing. BUT, that's based on my calculations and I'd want confirmation...

U

User_3336

I have NEVER seen any "LEASE" rebates totalling $11,000, at least not in the last year. Most i've ever seen in lease rebates was $5250.
Curious......

Honestly, I’d gamble and wait if it were me. Your lease isnt up until September; so your next few payments are also being factored into your numbers. However, I didn’t order my truck. I leased off the lot and got an amazing deal in January 20 on a ‘20. I think it was like 11k in lease rebates before dealer discount; base V8 BH with remote start.

Can you post up the exact deal as is? MSRP, Selling price before rebates, money factor, residual value, term and FCA rebates. $ Drive off/down payments?

U

User_3336

I think you have too many ZERO'S in that Money factor!!!!

0.00008 would be 0.192%.

Likewise, 0.0008 would be 1.92%

Money factor x 2400 = Interest Rate.

I can wait. I have an extra car when the lease runs out anyway. I'd be boring it from my father, but it's all good.

So, v8 BH, night edition, ORG and other options. Msrp 54540, sale price of 47560. That sale price is firm and set, so in theory you base your lease off of that. Residual would still be off of msrp and then lease is the difference between msrp and rv, plus discount from dealer which is roughly 7k plus incentives at time and down payments. My taxes would be 7.75%, MF on 42/12k is 0.00008 and ive actually confirmed that with other dealers.

So if I was buying today and the dealer gave me that price, I'd have no problem leasing. BUT, that's based on my calculations and I'd want confirmation...

Yogi217

Reaction score
I think you have too many ZERO'S in that Money factor!!!!

0.00008 would be 0.192%.

Likewise, 0.0008 would be 1.92%

Money factor x 2400 = Interest Rate.
I know it's low, but that's what the Edmund's forum guys say and have said for months. In all my researching, that's what people have suggested, checking Edmund's... I've tested it on some quotes and it seems to be accurate, but that's the ambiguity I'm afraid of in my scenario...

Here is a quote from another dealer, definitely not as good. But you can see msrp, residual, months and taxes, so you can do a little math to find out the interest charge and it's literally cents.

Please let me know if I'm off. That's why i am here, i want to make sure i have a good understanding.
810150fb670b8f70d7773cc67fa6a237.jpg

thetalonguy

Reaction score
I have NEVER seen any "LEASE" rebates totalling $11,000, at least not in the last year. Most i've ever seen in lease rebates was $5250.
Curious......

I know, I went in thinking I had a total of $7,500 in rebates (IDL/returning lessee/bonus cash) This was the Max I walked in expecting after seeing the incentives on AutobyTel.com. Somehow they found more. My inclination was that I somehow got lucky and got some kind of volume rebate or something that was passed back to the dealer. Was odd though, it was the middle of January.

To sure I’m not jerking around, here’s a pic of the lease sheet.

Also, here’s a link that shows some more of the deal. Note: they ended up buying my 17 1500, so I never had to eat any of the last two payments.

To OP, my gut instinct would have me believe there will be better lease rates in the future. I actually did get a quote from Koons, for same truck I got, but level 1 or 2, and it was almost $200 more a month than I’m paying now. I’d check out the leashakr forums. They have a lot of good deals to find on there. Don’t rush unless your heart set on exact options / color and will pay more.

Attachments

• 1394E3F6-F398-4B41-BFA5-C80D47EADC6D.jpeg
    1394E3F6-F398-4B41-BFA5-C80D47EADC6D.jpeg
    179.7 KB · Views: 17

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes .. I ordered from the factory (website) and had my local dealer place it through their system. I am leasing. I got all the rebates (JUN 2019) and additional for Military.

Last edited:
U

User_3336

The other half of the sheet you didn't include is just as important.

I know it's low, but that's what the Edmund's forum guys say and have said for months. In all my researching, that's what people have suggested, checking Edmund's... I've tested it on some quotes and it seems to be accurate, but that's the ambiguity I'm afraid of in my scenario...

Here is a quote from another dealer, definitely not as good. But you can see msrp, residual, months and taxes, so you can do a little math to find out the interest charge and it's literally cents.

Please let me know if I'm off. That's why i am here, i want to make sure i have a good understanding.
810150fb670b8f70d7773cc67fa6a237.jpg

U

User_3336

What's the CAP COST REDUCTION? All I see is related to payments......

Residual Value? Money Factor?

7500 miles per year??? YIKES. this could take into consideration the cheaper payment.

I know, I went in thinking I had a total of $7,500 in rebates (IDL/returning lessee/bonus cash) This was the Max I walked in expecting after seeing the incentives on AutobyTel.com. Somehow they found more. My inclination was that I somehow got lucky and got some kind of volume rebate or something that was passed back to the dealer. Was odd though, it was the middle of January.

To sure I’m not jerking around, here’s a pic of the lease sheet.

Also, here’s a link that shows some more of the deal. Note: they ended up buying my 17 1500, so I never had to eat any of the last two payments.

To OP, my gut instinct would have me believe there will be better lease rates in the future. I actually did get a quote from Koons, for same truck I got, but level 1 or 2, and it was almost $200 more a month than I’m paying now. I’d check out the leashakr forums. They have a lot of good deals to find on there. Don’t rush unless your heart set on exact options / color and will pay more.

thetalonguy

Reaction score
What's the CAP COST REDUCTION? All I see is related to payments......

Residual Value? Money Factor?

7500 miles per year??? YIKES. this could take into consideration the cheaper payment.

Check the link for all the particulars.

Yes, 7.5k/year increases RV, because that’s all I needed; I have a few cars. Take down RV x% based on your annual allotment. Probably 3% to 10 and 3-5% to 15, but didn’t ask/need so don’t know exactly.

Yogi217

Reaction score
The other half of the sheet you didn't include is just as important.
Sorry, here you go. Let me know what you think.
Remember, this isnt the deal in question, this is here to help verify the money factor or interest rate by doing some math.
d8f3463887fe3ba8c545979e66a4a077.jpg

Dave07

Reaction score
Sorry, here you go. Let me know what you think.
Remember, this isnt the deal in question, this is here to help verify the money factor or interest rate by doing some math.
d8f3463887fe3ba8c545979e66a4a077.jpg

For your future reference, I got a loaded up Laramie, 60k MSRP, leased it for $588/month 36 mo/12k a year, $1500 due at signing. That was a pretty good deal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread