5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone elses xm always default back to the preview channel?

ericd

Reaction score
Yes mine does. So annoying. I read somewhere if you leave it on an explicit channel like I do with Howard 100, It reverts in case kids get in the car after restart.

I think the problem is, when I get in, it'll be on 100 and playing sometimes, but the channel number says 1.

BernieR

Reaction score
The number to call for SirusXM where they know about the 360L program and this issue is 855-290-6593
Call them and make sure they log the complaint. More squeaky wheels....
cheers,
Bernie

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes mine does. So annoying. I read somewhere if you leave it on an explicit channel like I do with Howard 100, It reverts in case kids get in the car after restart.

I think the problem is, when I get in, it'll be on 100 and playing sometimes, but the channel number says 1.
Mine does it and it's not on a channel that would be an issue with kids. It just started about 3 weeks ago. Haven't called Sirius about it as my truck has been down for weeks at the dealer for other issues.

Roddog2220

Reaction score
The number to call for SirusXM where they know about the 360L program and this issue is 855-290-6593
Call them and make sure they log the complaint. More squeaky wheels....
cheers,
Bernie

just for the record gmc and onstar much more easy to deal with than all this tech ****

BernieR

Reaction score
Adding an update to this issue. I brought my truck in to RAM service a few days ago. Tech duplicated the SirusXM issue. This is what he wrote on the service ticket, "Contacted STAR for assistance and got no response. No known fix or service information for this concern is available at this time"

Nice!

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Adding an update to this issue. I brought my truck in to RAM service a few days ago. Tech duplicated the SirusXM issue. This is what he wrote on the service ticket, "Contacted STAR for assistance and got no response. No known fix or service information for this concern is available at this time"

Nice!
I called about it and after the moron at Sirius tried to convince me it's the "default channel in most new vehicles" so that's why it happens (I don't even understand wtf that's supposed to mean) I demanded he dig further into it. After about 15 mins on hold he came back and said it's a known issue on the RAM but not fix yet. This is the third Uconnect/Sirius issue that I've called about and they said it's a k own issue with no fix. Great.

NoRamForUconnect

Reaction score

Nice!
Same issue here my service manager has tried with pushing from me to get a replacement radio control unit, FCA tells him no that sometime in the first quarter their will be a software patch, makes no sence to me as all trucks dont do this just a few, how can software fix this????

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It seems li
Same issue here my service manager has tried with pushing from me to get a replacement radio control unit, FCA tells him no that sometime in the first quarter their will be a software patch, makes no sence to me as all trucks dont do this just a few, how can software fix this????
It appears to be more trucks than you think. I'm waiting to see about software update before risking any head replacement...

Reverse

Reaction score
My 2020 started doing it a while ago after an update I believe. I hear the preview channel for a second or two, and then it switches to whatever channel I listened to last/

e55amg2

Reaction score
My 2020 started doing it a while ago after an update I believe. I hear the preview channel for a second or two, and then it switches to whatever channel I listened to last/
It's been like that since the april update for me. Not every time, but most of the time I get .5-2 sec of preview then the channel I previously had on.

Users who are viewing this thread