5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone else's truck sit lower on drivers side vs passener side?

Polaris Man

Reaction score
I have thought for many months my truck say lower in the rear on the drivers side vs the pass side, always thought it was my gravel driveway. Brought it in the garage today and measured because I want a levelling kit

Measurements from even concrete floor to arch of fender
FRONT DRIVER SIDE - 36 1/8"

FRONT PASS SIDE - 36 3/8"

REAR DRIVERS SIDE 38 3/16"

REAR PASS SIDE - 38 13/16"

All tires have the same PSI.

Bottom lip of rim to arch of fender confirms the differences per side.

79 300

Reaction score
How much gas is in the tank? Since it is on the left side, a full tank might account for the drop.

rsonedecker

Reaction score
Even the sightest and I mean slightest not level surface results in all sides being off from my experience. Can you repark the truck 180 degree and measure?

DIRTRIDER

Reaction score
My Rebel is off , driver side is lower 3/8”, measured at different locations looking for level flooring.

Polaris Man

Reaction score
1/2 a tank was in the truck. So about 60 litres, 60 or so pounds spread out over 3' of tank. I can re park the truck in the garage. My floor is pretty darn level though. I will run this tank out and measure before I fill up. I thought maybe they do this to compensate for crown in the road, my 2013 ram was the same measurement on both sides of the truck, with about 2.5" of rake front to back. Didn't want to take it to the dealer if this isn't an issue, they have already seen my truck enough times for other issues. But wanted to figure this out before I put a levelling kit on it.

Users who are viewing this thread