5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone Else's Rubber Mats Smell Really Bad?

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
Hey y'all! So my FIRST 2019 came with Rubber Mats and i didn't notice ANY smell. But Sunday we picked up our 2019 4x4 and it didn't come with mats but i had the salesman grab a set from Parts Dept... He grabbed ones intended for Rebel i think, cuz Ram Head is red. The truck smells awful and in a week has yet to dissipate.... Now can't tell if its the mats or the seat, they both reek...

Anyone else? Thanks!

2wd

Reaction score
Is it a moldy smell? Check your carpets under the mats. Some folks have a seam leak that results in wet floors.

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
Is it a moldy smell? Check your carpets under the mats. Some folks have a seam leak that results in wet floors.

nope, not mildew, don't you know after being a member of THIS forum, BEFORE we took delivery, we checked every seam, bolt, nut, gasket, seal, ETC, dry as a bone : )

Last edited:

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
1 word.......Fabreeze

oh no no no, this is farrrrrr more offensive than anything Fabreeze can handle... lol Plus, don't want to "layer odors or "add" any deodorizer smell, will take out the mats this weekend and leave them out to see if its them- thanks!

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
oh no no no, this is farrrrrr more offensive than anything Fabreeze can handle... lol Plus, don't want to "layer odors or "add" any deodorizer smell, will take out the mats this weekend and leave them out to see if its them- thanks!

Maybe some time baking in the sun out of the truck will let it completely outgas.

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
That did the trick! Aired them out for 2 days and just for good measure washed them with Murphy's Oil Soap and "that smell" is 99% gone... (The other 1% will never leave becuz i will ALWAYS think i smell it even the faintest little bit - once somethin' is IN MY HEAD, its in there : ) : )

Users who are viewing this thread