5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone else notice RAM has asymmetrical mirrors? (see pics)

Kicker0927

Reaction score
Hey everyone. So I'll preface by saying that maybe this is normal??? But has anyone else noticed the mirrors on RAMS are asymmetrical and sit at different angles on each side? The passenger side mirror actually angles in closer to the vehicle than the driver's side mirror does. This is at least true on my 2021 1500. I've noticed a lot of pictures of RAM's online that seem to show the same thing too. Is there a reason for this and does it aggravate anyone else's OCD?

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 167
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 166
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 168

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, there's a reason for it and as far as I know all larger trucks have it - I know my Titans were asymmetrical in the same fashion. It's because of the viewing angle that you need to get since you are not sitting in the center of the vehicle. You (the driver) are offset, so the passenger mirror is offset to compensate for that. It makes for less blind spots and a more accurate picture of that side of the vehicle.

Until I gave up and accepted it, it used to drive me nuts on my Titan.

Kicker0927

Reaction score
Yes, there's a reason for it and as far as I know all larger trucks have it - I know my Titans were asymmetrical in the same fashion. It's because of the viewing angle that you need to get since you are not sitting in the center of the vehicle. You (the driver) are offset, so the passenger mirror is offset to compensate for that. It makes for less blind spots and a more accurate picture of that side of the vehicle.

Until I gave up and accepted it, it used to drive me nuts on my Titan.
That crossed my mind, but I thought that is what they made power adjusting mirrors for! But I guess it makes sense...I guess I just notice it more on this truck than I have in the past. BUT, then again it's been about 10 years since I've owned my last RAM soooo....

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I noticed that when I trimmed my window visors to better fit with the folding mirrors.
The visors are identical mirror images of each other but the passenger side didn’t not need as much trimmed as the driver side to accomplish the goal

Kicker0927

Reaction score
So I went to the dealership today and looked at other new RAMs and all mirrors are the same. The service manager I was walking around with said, “Man I can’t believe I never noticed that, but now I can’t unsee it!” LOL…so yes, they are designed that way.

schulzie

Reaction score
Well I do know that the switch from LHD to RHD isn’t done till it reaches Melbourne and a 3rd party does that, so maybe they do the mirrors too.

They don’t unfortunately. They place plastic wedges between the mirror glass and housing. The do replace the glass though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread