5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone else have this noise?

Jack.

Reaction score
Had this noise for a while now but today was the 1st time I caught it on video. It's a "pa pa pa" noise and I can't find anything online regarding to it.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Sounds a lot like a cracked manifold or broken bolt

Jack.

Reaction score
Sounds a lot like a cracked manifold or broken bolt
I recently got longtube put in (kooks), but the noise come and goes randomly it doesn't always happen and I can't recreate it. Notice that it happens at low rpm (1200ish) in 7th / 8th gear and it goes away after a few second if you give it gas.

Doesn't happen when I drive normally though only when I'm at low rpm and around 40s /50 mph

I'll have the bolt check but I don't think it's the bolts.

raygun9

Reaction score
Try turning off mds with the gear selector just to be sure that isnt it. My gen4 did this and it became more pronounced when I added headers.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Possibly the single exhust pipe after the cats? Those 2 bolts are prone to rust and breaking

Jack.

Reaction score
Try turning off mds with the gear selector just to be sure that isnt it. My gen4 did this and it became more pronounced when I added headers.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk
You know I was so focus on the noise but that's a good point. Next time it pops up I'll turn off mds and see if it goes with it

Users who are viewing this thread