5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone else have a creaky driver's seat?

Granite2WD

Reaction score
In case you're wondering, I weigh 200 pounds :)

My driver's seat creaks every time I turn left. Anyone else experience this?

I love how quiet this truck is, but in some ways that makes noises audible that wouldn't stand out in a louder vehicle. I've tried to soundproof vehicles before and it always ends up replacing one sound with another for me. I'm considering a louder exhaust to mask the odds and ends rattles and creaks like this one.

Granite2WD

Reaction score
Somewhat related, if you go through a drive-through car wash you can really notice the benefit of the front side glass being laminated/twice as thick compared to the rear side glass. The volume and pitch of the sounds are very different.

rws1944

Reaction score

I love how quiet this truck is, but in some ways that makes noises audible that wouldn't stand out in a louder vehicle. I've tried to soundproof vehicles before and it always ends up replacing one sound with another for me. I'm considering a louder exhaust to mask the odds and ends rattles and creaks like this one.
Try making only right hand turns and/or lose 20 pounds.

BeeLDub

Reaction score
My experience is with my Jeep, not yet a Ram, but I had something very similar. And every time I got it to creak, it wouldn't creak again right away until I sat still for a while. Then I'd turn again, and hear it again.

I complained to the dealer, they replaced the track system under warranty, it came back again within a few weeks.

Then I used WD40 white lithium grease on the tracks, springs, hinges, etc, etc, anything that moved! And I never heard it again!

Granite2WD

Reaction score
My experience is with my Jeep, not yet a Ram, but I had something very similar. And every time I got it to creak, it wouldn't creak again right away until I sat still for a while. Then I'd turn again, and hear it again.

I complained to the dealer, they replaced the track system under warranty, it came back again within a few weeks.

Then I used WD40 white lithium grease on the tracks, springs, hinges, etc, etc, anything that moved! And I never heard it again!
I will try this before I let the dealer know. Thank you!

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Hi Granite2WD,

We certainly understand why this would be concerning! If you do end up having to work with your dealer for this, please be sure to let us know via PM. We are more than happy to provide you with an extra layer of support for that process.

Mark
RamCares

Granite2WD

Reaction score

This almost completely solved my issue and I'm hoping I just need to do a better job lubrication everything to completely quiet the seat. In addition to two springs, there are two rubber bushings, similar to what you would see on a sway bar mount, that I lubricated in addition to the tracks. THANK YOU!

tyresmoker

Reaction score

Yup, both my 11' GC Summit and my '17 GC SRT have/had the occasional seat creak. It definitely comes and goes..

BeeLDub

Reaction score
This almost completely solved my issue and I'm hoping I just need to do a better job lubrication everything to completely quiet the seat. In addition to two springs, there are two rubber bushings, similar to what you would see on a sway bar mount, that I lubricated in addition to the tracks. THANK YOU!

Glad to hear it helped! I did one heavy application like 9 months ago and it has not come back since!

Yup, both my 11' GC Summit and my '17 GC SRT have/had the occasional seat creak. It definitely comes and goes..

Yeah, mine was on my '16 Wrangler, but hasn't creaked since!

Granite2WD

Reaction score
Hi Granite2WD,

We certainly understand why this would be concerning! If you do end up having to work with your dealer for this, please be sure to let us know via PM. We are more than happy to provide you with an extra layer of support for that process.

Mark
RamCares
Thank you for the note! I think I'm good to go though.

Users who are viewing this thread