5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone else find the gauges too dim during the day or too bright at night?

jastevenson

Reaction score
Does anyone else feel like the gauge lighting is is too dim during the day unless put at the max setting?

I don’t have an issue running it at max to make it look bright enough in the daytime, but what is annoying is that the max setting is too bright at night so I need to turn down the brightness quite a bit.

Hardly a huge issue, but am curious if others feel this way as well.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
There’s a setting in uconnect that allows night and day settings . During the day mine is up high but as soon as the lights come on the dash goes dim .

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had to turn down the daytime intensity due to the dash and center stack being so bright. You can also adjust the levels of brightness for night use. The default for night was max, which was too bright, so I turned down the center stack lighting to a comfortable level for night viewing. You should not need to adjust these as day turns to night, after you set it up.

Kooch80

Reaction score
I think there’s too big of a gap between the max adjustable/gradual setting and full brightness at night. Full is too bright, and max adjustable is not bright enough.
This is my issue with the level of brightness as well. It was much better on the 4th gen truck I had

jastevenson

Reaction score
Any tips on finding the Uconnect setting for gauge brightness other have mentioned? I found one that can adjust the light/dark theme on the main display screen on the dashboard, but not sure if that is the one people are referring to (it doesn’t affect the gauges).

pinkerton

Reaction score
I have my dash setting turned all the way to bright, then if the lights come on during the day (like during heavy rain) it's way to dim. I guess I need to look for settings in U connect?

socalram

Reaction score
My 2 biggest annoyances with the truck are nighttime gauge brightness and rear doors not having the "open lock" feature with the handle.
For the gauge/dash brightness I saw this thread https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/very-dimly-lit-dash-panel.12689/

It looks like the max before the "blind yo ***" setting is maybe 50%, you can only adjust from maybe 5-50% brightness then it jumps to 100% which is stupid

Matrixband

Reaction score
I had to turn down the daytime intensity due to the dash and center stack being so bright. You can also adjust the levels of brightness for night use. The default for night was max, which was too bright, so I turned down the center stack lighting to a comfortable level for night viewing. You should not need to adjust these as day turns to night, after you set it up.
I just got my new Ram, so I am setting all this up. I am confused by one thing, in night mode, well at night, the Uconnect panel is set to dim, but readable. When I turn off the car, the whole Uconnect screen goes full brightness. I mean it's way too bright for nighttime. Is there a setting for that? I do not see it.

Users who are viewing this thread