5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone else feel the Level 2 package on Laramie trim not worth the cost?

Deriggs007

Reaction score
I purchased a Blackout package (which adds the level 2) and I'm currently driving a loaner with the level 1 package and didn't really notice much of a difference feature wise so decided to look at what exactly the level 2 gives you and honestly, it's not much... anyone else feel a little stabbed by the price vs feature the level 2 adds?

The level 2 package only gives you these found below at a $2900 price tag over level 1.

19-Speaker Harman Kardon® Premium Sound
Heated Second-Row Seats
Rear Under-Seat Compartment Storage
Uconnect® 4C NAV with 8.4-Inch Display
RamCharger Wireless Charging Pad

If you go directly to RAM and try to get these directly it looks like this:
Compartment storage is $125
Wireless charger for $200 at Mopar directly.
The 8.4 + nav is $795

That still leaves $1780 in a cost difference for the seats and speakers....

Am I missing some other key feature that helps justify the price difference?

Too bad it's the only way to get the black appearance package + the advanced safety package :-(

tgtt

Reaction score
I didn't feel it was worth it so I went level 1 for my order.

Sent from my BLA-A09 using Tapatalk

Creep0321

Reaction score
Initially I wanted level 2 to get the ASG, but after comparing the packages I thought lvl 2 was overpriced and skipped both.

Jplumley

Reaction score
Agreed, that the Level 2 may be overpriced, but I really wanted the ASG, and I believe that is well underpriced, so on the whole, it’s fair. I absolutely love the adaptive cruise control. I spend a lot of time on the highway and it’s awesome. The full surround camera is also great, but I love all the tech, so it was worth it to me.

slimchance

Reaction score
i have a level 1 laramie and my wife has a level 2 sports laramie both include the "Customer Preferred Package 27H" ... window stickers compare is attached

Attachments

• window sticker difference level 1 vs level 2.pdf
    47.3 KB · Views: 72

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So, Slimchance, what you are saying is that some of the extra cost is for the 5 year Sirius XM Traffic Service, 1 year Guardian Service, Traffic Plus, and 5 year Travel Link subscription.

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I purchased a Blackout package (which adds the level 2) and I'm currently driving a loaner with the level 1 package and didn't really notice much of a difference feature wise so decided to look at what exactly the level 2 gives you and honestly, it's not much... anyone else feel a little stabbed by the price vs feature the level 2 adds?

The level 2 package only gives you these found below at a $2900 price tag over level 1.

Heated Second-Row Seats

The 8.4 + nav is $795

Too bad it's the only way to get the black appearance package + the advanced safety package :-(
I thought the same thing. The only thing I really would of like to have is the heated rear seats. I think some of the packaging and costs on this truck really missed the mark. Eventually, one the new buzz wears off, they will repackage and add more content standard or at lower costs.

BiLlYDeE

Reaction score
I didn’t see the value in paying for the Harmon system and rear cooling seats on the Level 1 package, so I bought the Advanced Safety Group and saved over $1,000.

Deriggs007

Reaction score
I didn’t see the value in paying for the Harmon system and rear cooling seats on the Level 1 package, so I bought the Advanced Safety Group and saved over $1,000.

Thanks for the feedback. Glad I’m not the only one that feels that way

Anyways, I could not get my apperance package nor the ASG without level 2

For me to have just thr black apperance package it adds over $7000 to the truck or about 15% to the base price off of one tick addition. Don’t get me wrong, I love this baby. It’s just not worth the options but overall worth it for the vehicle if that makes sense

SemperGumby

Reaction score
Is it worth it at MSRP? Probably not, depends on different needs and wants. I wanted the 19 speaker system and heated rear seats, and know that I couldn't buy an equivalent speaker setup and have it installed for less, let alone the seats.

Is it worth it when you have a dealer that agrees to discount heavily to make the sale? Hell yes.

And as an aside I would caution against using window sticker pricing considering that FCA will list the EXACT same options for different prices on different vehicles.

Deriggs007

Reaction score
Is it worth it at MSRP? Probably not, depends on different needs and wants. I wanted the 19 speaker system and heated rear seats, and know that I couldn't buy an equivalent speaker setup and have it installed for less, let alone the seats.

Is it worth it when you have a dealer that agrees to discount heavily to make the sale? Hell yes.

And as an aside I would caution against using window sticker pricing considering that FCA will list the EXACT same options for different prices on different vehicles.

I'm not factoring anything to do with MSRP at this. I'm saying the cost difference between a Level 1 package at $1.6K vs's a Level 2 at $4.5K doesn't have much to tack on to justify the $3K price difference vs's practically all other options you can get. it's not that I dislike the package, it's that I MUST have that package to get an option or 2 that I want. Eg the black appearance package and ASG

The only thing the package really gets me over level 1 is 3 items.

Doesn't matter if it's a Big horn or limited. Each trim has different package options and what they get you. The trim I'm specifically talking about is Laramie, which the pricing for that vehicle is the same throughout. If I can get a level 1 package and have a dealer add the HK system + whatever else at much cheaper price than Ram directly, of course that makes the most sense. Just not probable to happen.

In anycase, I got my truck - it's awesome. Just know deep down I could had saved $3-4K if I didn't have to add options I didn't need. That's one thing I liked about my Mazda. You only pay for what you want, it may have changed now - but in 2016, you just chose exactly what options you wanted and they threw it in there.

Saints

Reaction score
I agree. I singned a buyers order today for my truck. I could have spent $5k less on a Laramie, but I wanted the advanced safety group, specifically the adaptive cruise control. While the 19 speaker HK system may sound nice. I don’t really need anything else in the lvl 2 group. But I told myself if I was going to get out of my truck now I was going to get everything that I want without regret. So I won’t and I’ll enjoy what I ordered when it comes in. Life is short, enjoy it.

slimchance

Reaction score
So, Slimchance, what you are saying is that some of the extra cost is for the 5 year Sirius XM Traffic Service, 1 year Guardian Service, Traffic Plus, and 5 year Travel Link subscription.

yep, that is how it looks to me ... and for the HK radio vs the HD radio, i am nearly 70 yrs old and i no longer have HK ears .. the dog would surely like to have the rear heated seats after she gets clipped though

ponypride

Reaction score
I had a budget to stick too. The only reason for me to add the level 2 equipment was to be able to purchase the Advanced Safety Group. In the end, I could not justify the higher cost and I could live with standard cruise control. I am very happy with my choice.

pensfan

Reaction score
It is ridiculous that they tie a paint and trim appearance package to all of the these options that have nothing to do with trim or paint.

Turin

Reaction score
anyone else feel a little stabbed by the price vs feature the level 2 adds?
Big time. I just ordered a Laramie with the level 2 equipment package because I wanted the advanced safety group but if I could have gotten ASG with the level 1 package I would have. (The only thing in the level 2 package that interests me at all is the HK system and that isn't worth an extra $3k.) It ticks me off that I can't get valuable safety features like automatic forward braking without first warming/cooling the backsides of backseat passengers.

bgmshrm

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Heated Second-Row Seats

The 8.4 + nav is $795

Worth it

Users who are viewing this thread