5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone done a 1 inch front leveling kit?

jgdblue

Reaction score
I know it seems minimal, and maybe it isn’t worth the cost and hassle. The reason I am considering it is I am putting 275/60R20 Recon Grapplers on factory wheels, and I just want to raise the front a hair to have a little more room for the tire so it doesn’t look so stuffed in the front wheel well. I would rather not have to raise the rear end, but would still like a very slight bit of rake.

I found this kit, kind of expensive for that small of a lift, but not much more expensive than filling my 33 gallon tank today! Anyone done a 1 inch front level?

DeanM2

Reaction score
I am a new Ram 1500 owner so others may correct my statement here, if I am wrong.

Whether you lift it 1" or 2+" the process is the same. That is, it requires that you completely remove the struts and either 1) put a spacer above the spring, or 2) replace the struts with adjustable or longer struts. Either way, you still need to have it re-aligned afterwards. If you are going to go through this effort and cost, I would suggest you go with more like 2" of lift which will make your truck more level.

I just installed Bilstein 5100 adjustable struts on my 2023 Ram 1500. The Bilstein struts are more expensive than a simple spacer but are adjustable between 0" and 2.6", rather than the fixed lift height from a spacer. Though, you still have to completely remove the struts and re-align it if you decide to change the amount of lift after it is installed.

Last edited:

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
You can prob run those without a level with a little trimming. I did a 2” motofab level and it’s perfect

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
I know it seems minimal, and maybe it isn’t worth the cost and hassle. The reason I am considering it is I am putting 275/60R20 Recon Grapplers on factory wheels, and I just want to raise the front a hair to have a little more room for the tire so it doesn’t look so stuffed in the front wheel well. I would rather not have to raise the rear end, but would still like a very slight bit of rake.

I found this kit, kind of expensive for that small of a lift, but not much more expensive than filling my 33 gallon tank today! Anyone done a 1 inch front level?
running thoughs tires you likly wont need to level.

Users who are viewing this thread