5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone Considering The '24 Ram Dakota?

BNeal

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone is considering a move to the new Dakota. Depending on what it looks like, I may be interested in checking it out. Would really love the extra garage space, and am no longer towing anything. However, I'm tall, and my 1500 fits me like a glove, so that will be a huge factor. Anyway, just interested in your comments.

1684078804340.png

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks amazing hopefully its turn out looking pretty close to that. Nope fullsize truck for me but I’m sure this will attract some of the Colorado, Ranger, Tacoma owners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I've gotten spoiled by the 1500 Laramie and Limiteds. The leather seats in my Durango aren't as comfortable, being downsized, the Big Horns aren't comfortable in cloth. I doubt the Dakota's will be comfortable.

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
If it comes with the Pentastar V6 I would love to talk my wife into getting one. That could be the winter vehicle since she insists on a 4x4 but does not drive in snow (go figure). I would dump the Ram and stick with cars.

RC Turner

Reaction score
I have been trying to get some actual information about it. Seems nobody really knows what is going on and when it will happen. The picture looks like they might be sourcing the cab from GM. Not a very original looking design.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I've gotten spoiled by the 1500 Laramie and Limiteds. The leather seats in my Durango aren't as comfortable, being downsized, the Big Horns aren't comfortable in cloth. I doubt the Dakota's will be comfortable.
Why wouldn't it be?
Just get a Dakota Limited?

I would get a Tacoma over a Dakota in a heartbeat.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
personally no... after going full size i don't want to go back to a mid size truck.
Was working on a taco installing lift kit the other day and I felt cramped driving it into the service bay lol

Never felt that way before my 1500 but now... i'm spoiled

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’d consider it if they made a dakota trx. Also wtf are they doing pulling that grill on. Looks like it’s frowning.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’d consider it if they made a dakota trx. Also wtf are they doing pulling that grill on. Looks like it’s frowning.
That's just an artist rendering. Not an official Ram image.

I'd be interested depending on pricing and options. Give me a midsize Dakota with the Hurricane HO engine, RWD, and paddle shifters. Make it the new Dakota R/T

BNeal

Reaction score
I have been trying to get some actual information about it. Seems nobody really knows what is going on and when it will happen. The picture looks like they might be sourcing the cab from GM. Not a very original looking design.
I think the official announcement is scheduled for 5/19. We should get some solid information then.

6of36

Reaction score
That does look like a squished Rebel grille on a Colorado.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That does look like a squished Rebel grille on a Colorado.
It's because it's an artist rendering, or poor Photoshop. Nothing has been released by Ram yet

6of36

Reaction score
It's because it's an artist rendering, or poor Photoshop. Nothing has been released by Ram yet
I knew that, I just didn't realize how much the rendering looked like a Colorado, until RC Turner mentioned the GM similarity.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would definitely check ot out. I love my Rebel, but it's just too big to be a practical daily for me. A Dakoa Rebel could be worth looking into, but it will probably be too small and same price as a 1500.

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had a 02 Durango and felt it was the perfect size between midsize and full size.
All Midsize trucks I've been in feel like they are not feasible for anyone over 5'8". My brother just got a new Ranger and while it is nice, waaaay to claustrophobic for me at 6'0".

I also did a hunting trip once where I was stuck in the back of a Frontier.... what fresh hell that was. No thanks, I will hike and meet y'all later.

If someone made a midsize truck that 'Murican-sized folks could fit in (including in the back) I'd consider. 4 husky folks can fit in a modern Civic or Jetta, so I don't see why they're so stingy with the mid-size truck cabs.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
If someone made a midsize truck that 'Murican-sized folks could fit in (including in the back) I'd consider. 4 husky folks can fit in a modern Civic or Jetta, so I don't see why they're so stingy with the mid-size truck cabs.
"mid-sized truck cabs" vs "full-size" trucks...
You ever try to get into a Prius V before?

I feel like i'm too big for my 1500s seats sometime and I sit on the side parts that you are suppose to "fall" into the middle and i'm only around 200 lbs which is super close to the average weight of Americans.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I went from a '19 crew cab Frontier to my current Ram. I didn't realize how bad the back seat was till the kids complained enough and I sat back there without moving the driver's seat. I couldn't get my legs in and close the door. I'm 6'2". I first wanted a new Ram quad cab, untill I adjusted the driver's seat and sat in the back. The wife and I couldn't tell much difference from the Frontier. She got out and said you're getting a crew cab.

river rat

Reaction score
This looks to be more accurate of a depiction -
NPAZ_15430a2a77a546ad84654a2e371460d4.webp

Users who are viewing this thread