5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone come across a catless or high flow catted Y-pipe?

CMil527

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
i've run them before on previous gen Ram's but havent seen any offering for the 5th gen... thanks in advance!!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Realistically, there will not be any difference removing the cats. Modern catalytic converters are fairly high flow, and not much to be gained by removing them. Maybe if the design of the y-pipe itself can be improved in. And then you still have to figure out a way to "trick" the PCM to not throw codes for catalytic converter inefficiency.

CMil527

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I would want it more for sound than anything else... i'm used to this damn Borla ATAK and it sounds tame now lol!

Orion10182011

Reaction score
Realistically, there will not be any difference removing the cats. Modern catalytic converters are fairly high flow, and not much to be gained by removing them. Maybe if the design of the y-pipe itself can be improved in. And then you still have to figure out a way to "trick" the PCM to not throw codes for catalytic converter inefficiency.
Well, one thing you gain is you never have to worry about cat thieves cutting your truck up anymore.

ya3coub

Reaction score
I have a bora cat back, and been holding on the headers for the exact same reason, the only one with an X pipe os the stainless works with high flow cats.

And thats the one I’m waiting for them to reapond to my communications, Kooks they do have it with Y pipe, but its too expensive, ARH it doesn’t show of a Y pipe or X are indlided

Smellyram

Reaction score
I have a bora cat back, and been holding on the headers for the exact same reason, the only one with an X pipe os the stainless works with high flow cats.

And thats the one I’m waiting for them to reapond to my communications, Kooks they do have it with Y pipe, but its too expensive, ARH it doesn’t show of a Y pipe or X are indlided
I ordered the kooks they had a sale not to long ago just waiting for them to show up I’ll let you know

ya3coub

Reaction score
Update:

So I installed the BBK 1/3/4 shorties and made a custom X pipe with 2 outlets and run 2x 3" pipes with magnaflow mufflers, I was so happy with it until the headers cracked and broke for the second time.

My advice get a better-quality ARH or KOOKS, unfortunately AHR are on back order, and make the custom exhaust with X pipe it sounds good, run flawless and unrestricted

Users who are viewing this thread