5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone check to see what their new truck was worth...just out of curiosity?

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They just called me and left a voice mail that they want to buy my truck.
Makes sense, I looked at their website yesterday out of curiosity and they only have 1 Ecodiesel

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Damn - carvana only offered 40k for my 2021 Built to serve edition crew cab, LED package, 12" screen and only 1700 miles on it lol. I paid 51k for it lol.

Carvana is the worst currently, try Carmax or a front line dealership.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just ran mine on KBB. Trade-in range $42,830-$46,605, midpoint $44,718.

I paid $36,750 in January of 2019, plus tax, tag, title. Those things added about $4k+ to the total, so I paid somewhere around $41-42k total. So I'd be about $1-2k ahead of the game if I traded in/sold now. But then I wouldn't have a truck and would have to go find another one, so the number is really pretty useless to me. I like what I have now, it's paid for, and I've outfitted just how I want it, so the only way I'd switch is if I was making some serious cash by doing so. I would probably consider it if I was pocketing more than $10k when it was all said and done, because I also got about $9-10k worth of tax credits when I bought for my business. So I'd really have to get close to $60k before I'd want to sell.

Anyone want to buy my truck for $60k? Hit me up if you do :LOL:

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Makes sense, I looked at their website yesterday out of curiosity and they only have 1 Ecodiesel
Yea, but I'm not looking to sell unless there's a 22 on the lot somewhere with all my options and colors (anything but black ;) )

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yea, but I'm not looking to sell unless there's a 22 on the lot somewhere with all my options and colors (anything but black ;) )
I hear you on the black. After my last black truck I said never again

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
LOL yeah I checked mine last night and they only offered me $51K. I'm upside down 8k right now lol
What's crazy is my sticker price was 53k. I traded in a F150 that only had like 2k miles on it. I was upside down by about 6-7k. I ended up paying 51k for my new truck with only 1k down. Idk how they made money on the deal. I'm sure they did, but I felt like I robbed them. Granted this was during the COVID times.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Damn - carvana only offered 40k for my 2021 Built to serve edition crew cab, LED package, 12" screen and only 1700 miles on it lol. I paid 51k for it lol.

That's why I was checking the 4 major places I could sell to in my region (autonation/carmax/carvana/vroom), at times carvana was the lowest or highest out of those 4 so it can fluctuate quite a bit. The other thing I had happen both with my truck back in the spring, and my partners car this fall was that the offers kept increasing every week or two when I would run the numbers again. Some made bigger leaps than others, vroom was the highest bidder on my truck until the very last time I ran the numbers and autonation came in highest that time. Until that point they were middle of the pack in terms of their offers.

skny

Reaction score
Did my 21 Limited with 17k miles on Vroom and they offered me $62k. I actually considered it for a minute - only because I have the 3.21 gears (prefer 3.92), aren’t crazy about the air suspension or eTorque (bought off the lot so took what was available). I’ve also had a low speed stall, hear/feel a “pop” & vibration in pedal when giving it gas sometimes (I think it’s exhaust leak - 2 dealers in 3 visits - no problem found) and aren’t looking forward to when my rear window frame is going to crack.
I looked at some other brands (F-150, I had a 2013 previously), Chevy’s and the Sierra AT4 - but none of them compare to the Ram in my opinion. I feel like I’m going back in time when I sit in those trucks. About the only thing I’d switch for might be a 2021 Raptor - but they’re more $ & I can’t find them anywhere around here anyway.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Vroom and carvana both offered $40k for my 21 ram 1500 with 5.7 hemi, ext cab with 6.4 bed with night edition and level 2 package with 1100 miles. would lose about 5-6K if I took that deal. Paid around 47K, minus $9k down payment back in august.

Einstein376

Reaction score
Just a word of caution with Vroom. We sold a vehicle to them and it was a month of sending forms, resending forms, waiting on hold and generally having a terrible customer experience. Them purchasing the vehicle is not a quick and painless experience. Waiting on hold is partly due to them NOT allowing their customers to email them.

Check their BBB status for more. Looking back, I wished I has just listed the vehicle locally.

Jim

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just a word of caution with Vroom. We sold a vehicle to them and it was a month of sending forms, resending forms, waiting on hold and generally having a terrible customer experience. Them purchasing the vehicle is not a quick and painless experience. Waiting on hold is partly due to them NOT allowing their customers to email them.

Check their BBB status for more. Looking back, I wished I has just listed the vehicle locally.

Jim

I've heard some stories like that about them, and some good where people recieve prompt payment. Either way, for our vehicles I was happy that autonation and carmax were the highest bidders as we were able to make a 2-3 hour drive and sell them on the spot, walking away with check in hand. Not as easy as staying at home but I felt way better about having a check that same day.

From what I rememeber, carvana will pick up the car and cut you a check before leaving but they were always on the lower side of our offers.

Edit: Forgot to add that vroom was our highest bidder on both vehicles at one point, and hearing stories like yours, my strategy was to use that with the other offers in hopes of getting someone to match vrooms offer, or if they could get within $500 I would take that and go with a little less money but more peace of mind.

Einstein376

Reaction score
Another worry was Vroom requires you to FedEx the vehicle title before the scheduled pickup of the vehicle. For five days, they have your vehicle and the vehicle title while you wait for their check by FedEx to arrive.

Doing the transaction in person certainly is a better plan to lessen the worry.

Jim

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Another worry was Vroom requires you to FedEx the vehicle title before the scheduled pickup of the vehicle. For five days, they have your vehicle and the vehicle title while you wait for their check by FedEx to arrive.

Doing the transaction in person certainly is a better plan to lessen the worry.

Jim
I would never do that, I don't give a **** what corporation it is or how trustworthy anyone says they are. Before any SOB is getting my title I'm getting cash or cashier's check in hand. Maybe it's a NYC thing but I trust half of what I see and none of what I hear.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Checked Vroom last week. $47500, which is the same as April when it had 4k miles. Now has 12k. Bought about 14 months ago, paid approx $43500.

FirstTimeRamDriver

Reaction score
2 months ago a dealer offered me 47k for my 2019 Laramie. I had paid 54 back in feb 2019. I was about to pull the trigger to buy a jeep 4Xe, instead I kept the truck and orders a new one which is still being built (or that’s the story). Talk about making bad financial decisions

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
With around 5,700miles
Vroom = $58k
Carvana = $43k

Last edited:

Camelot

Reaction score
With 5,500 on mine Vroom offered me $67K. 2021 Eco Diesel Limited. That's pretty much what I pad for it. (ish)

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Another company for you guys to check is givemethevin.com. I got quotes on carvanna and vroom almost identical for my mustang. I tried gmtv and they were a little lower. The guy asked for my other quotes, and matched it. He really sold me though on the quality of the company. There rating is almost perfect compared to the others terrible ratings on BBB. I dropped off the car and had a check overnighted to me for the difference on what I owed, less $1,000. Once they received the title from my bank, they overnighted the $1,000. Pretty smooth process. I'm not trying to endorse them or anything, just sharing my experience.

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I sold my truck to Vroom this year. Started the process in early May I believe. It started out simple enough but it ended up taking way too long from start to finish. The communication was really good at first put it tailed off and became really bad toward the end. If I remember right it ended up taking 6 weeks. I was sweating there for a while.

I ran my truck through Vroom, Carvana, and AutoNation. Vroom was almost 5k higher than the other 2. I would have preferred to sell it to AutoNation because they have a dealership 35min from my house. I tried using my Vroom offer and even told them if they would get within 1k I would sell it to them but they wouldn’t do it. After going through the Vroom sale I don’t know if I’d do it again.

Users who are viewing this thread