5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone check to see what their new truck was worth...just out of curiosity?

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I paid $63,475 for my 2021 truck and took delivery of it in May. It now has 12,000 miles on the Odometer and I was just curious how much depreciation I had seen so far. I like to stay ahead of depreciation and plugged the VIN + Options into Vroom.com and got $62,245.00. I don't have sales tax in NH but it was pricey first year registration, insurance, fuel costs, etc so I've obviously spent more than I paid but it was funny to see my 12,000 mile truck is only worth $1000 or so less than I paid for it off the lot.

Anyone else run their numbers?

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My almost 2 year truck is worth the same as when I bought it in 2020.

I just got an offer from a dealer for our 2018 Pathfinder for only $6,000 less than we paid for it. If I could find ANYONE with a Kia Telluride in Memphis to test drive I'd probably pull the trigger and sell it.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Just checked mine on Vroom. They are offering me almost $500 more than I paid for it 6 months ago. 6k miles on the ODO. I have no desire to sell it though.

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I checked Carvana recently and my '20 with 15k on it is worth $6k more to them than I originally paid almost 2 years ago. Granted I got a pretty good deal back in the 'good old days' of early 2020, but still...

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'm not interested in selling my truck but I was curious so I filled out the form on Vroom. When it asked for my personal information I stopped. I really don't want Vroom to have my email address because they will probably send me a bunch of emails asking if I want to buy or sell with them.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm not interested in selling my truck but I was curious so I filled out the form on Vroom. When it asked for my personal information I stopped. I really don't want Vroom to have my email address because they will probably send me a bunch of emails asking if I want to buy or sell with them.
That's what throw away email addresses are for

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
$1000 less than I paid for my 2020 with almost 14k miles (not counting warranty). Not that there is anything around to buy.

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Whenever I check Carvana I just put fake personal info in. Idk about Vroom, but Carvana will still give you a quote on the spot instead of emailing it to you as long as the truck and general location info is correct.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Whenever I check Carvana I just put fake personal info in. Idk about Vroom, but Carvana will still give you a quote on the spot instead of emailing it to you as long as the truck and general location info is correct.
Yes, Vroom does the same thing. You get a price on the spot. Just as an FTY though, neither Carvana or Vroom spams you with e-mails. I think I received one follow-up email from each of them when I was selling my truck back in April, but nothing more than that.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, Vroom does the same thing. You get a price on the spot. Just as an FTY though, neither Carvana or Vroom spams you with e-mails. I think I received one follow-up email from each of them when I was selling my truck back in April, but nothing more than that.

Same with carmax, instant offer. Autonation will take 30-60 minutes before they email you an offer.

I agree with you regarding he emails though, I ran my 2017 ram and my partners 2018 jetta through autonation/carmax/carvana/vroom for months and received only the minimal email of the offer and one email when the offer was about to expire. Nothing further.

As another poster mentioned, if you're that worried about it just use a burner email.

Moosefire66

Reaction score
My 19 ram bighorn with a v-6 and zero options and 22k miles is 34k. I think the sticker was 36k.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

McRib

Reaction score
I bought my 2019 Big Horn last summer and paid $29k.
I got quotes from CarMax, Vroom, and Carvana.

CM = $35k
VR =$33k
CV =$31k

I'm looking to upgrade to a 3500 dually to pull a 5th wheel we're looking at getting. I don't think I could get anywhere near that by trading in, but I'm looking at offers!

DenCoRam

Reaction score
2021 rebel paid $50k out the door last December, vroom offer is $54,500. Problem is to replace a vehicle right now, you have to pay that same mark up on whatever you get. Nice time to sell a vehicle if you don't need it.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Recently checked Carmax just for fun. My trucks is a 2019 with an original MSRP of $54,000, I originally paid $39,000 brand new, zero down financed.

Carmax's offer is $45,000, which is $6,000 more than what I paid for it. I currently owe $30,000, so I have $15,000 in equity in just over 2 years in ownership on a zero down financed vehicle. Trucks have historically great resale, but in this market, it's downright ridiculous. Once the market settles down, the values will shift, but should still be heavily in the black regardless, of course this is assuming gas doesn't go up to $10 a gallon.

Though it's 2 years 4 months old and just barely has under 10,000 miles on the clock, which also helps with value.

Last edited:

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I bought my 2019 Big Horn last summer and paid $29k.
I got quotes from CarMax, Vroom, and Carvana.

CM = $35k
VR =$33k
CV =$31k

I'm looking to upgrade to a 3500 dually to pull a 5th wheel we're looking at getting. I don't think I could get anywhere near that by trading in, but I'm looking at offers!
Yeah definitely check around to see what kind of trade in offers you can get, and negotiate with them on those numbers.

Last April I got an offer of just over $52k on my 2020 Laramie from Vroom, which was the highest from the online buyers I tried. My dealer was only offering $46k initially. After negotiating with them and showing them the actual Vroom offer, they agreed to increase that to $50k. Which is what I paid for the truck when new.

With the sales tax savings I actually came out almost $4k ahead in the deal. This negotiation was done after we agreed on a price for the new truck I was buying. So it's not like they just jacked up the price of the new truck to make up for the increased trade in value. The fact that this is a small town dealership, and it was the 4th new truck I was buying from them may have also worked in my favor.

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Damn - carvana only offered 40k for my 2021 Built to serve edition crew cab, LED package, 12" screen and only 1700 miles on it lol. I paid 51k for it lol.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Damn - carvana only offered 40k for my 2021 Built to serve edition crew cab, LED package, 12" screen and only 1700 miles on it lol. I paid 51k for it lol.
LOL yeah I checked mine last night and they only offered me $51K. I'm upside down 8k right now lol

Users who are viewing this thread