5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone change the mid muffler on the GT?

YoutubeRealTimeReviews

Reaction score
Has anyone changed the mid muffler on the GT with the cold air passive exhaust? I'm looking to get a solo mid Muffler but I don't know how loud it would be, it was really loud on my last truck without the GT exhaust which was a 2020 1500 Sport

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Has anyone changed the mid muffler on the GT with the cold air passive exhaust? I'm looking to get a solo mid Muffler but I don't know how loud it would be, it was really loud on my last truck without the GT exhaust which was a 2020 1500 Sport
That's a very confusing post. What are you asking?

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The gt package has a "cold air passive exhaust" i would like to add a solo performance mid muffler, has anyone done this? Pretty understandable if you ask me....not to be rude

What's this passive cold air feature?

Dewey

Reaction score

Mopar® Passive Cold-End Exhaust​

There’s no “cold air”. The cold end term is fancy for saying cat-back.

The GT muffler sounds pretty darn good but if you don’t like it I’m sure there are plenty options for swapping it out since the system is exactly like the stock exhaust on the rest of the RAM’s.

GyRoCoN

Reaction score
I believe "passive cold-end exhaust" is what you mean. I would be interested in hearing from anyone who's done this as well, if strictly for information purposes. my GT is PLENTY loud for my tastes, and my neighbours would appreciate it even less on cold Canadian mornings than they already do. As a side note, I do wish that in sport (Manual) mode, the VVT stayed in the most aggressive timing at all RPM and throttle positions, but I digress....

6of36

Reaction score
The gt package has a "cold air passive exhaust" i would like to add a solo performance mid muffler, has anyone done this? Pretty understandable if you ask me....not to be rude
You asked if anybody change the muffler on their G/T. Then you said your last truck without the G/T was loud. Really makes no sense.

Users who are viewing this thread