5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone carry a fire extinguisher?

NTX_Ian

Reaction score
I’ve been thinking about where best to put a fire extinguisher and thought maybe someone has come up with a safe, sturdy idea already? I don’t want one unsecured, in the event of an accident that could get dangerous. Post up if u do, thanks!

Cravenfan

Reaction score
Thought about trying to find a small one for one of the smugglers hatches in the rear floor, but can’t seem to find one that small. Other option is in my Rambox, or under the rear seat area.

Glenn54

Reaction score
I carry one in an open container in the bed. It is not the best place to access one since I have to open the bed cover. That will not take long as it's not locked.

RAMRhode

Reaction score
Depending on your anticipated needs, a couple of these for me, fits the bill. Great for engine bay fires At least.
FireBall

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't carry one in my Ram or Jeep but I do in my Camaro. I used to have it in the passenger compartment but it was always getting kicked Di I now have it mounted in the trunk. Old stuff is more prone to fire. I don't much worry about it in my new vehicles.

My1stHemi

Reaction score
In my third gen cummins i was able to mount one on the floor at the base of the driver’s seat. So far in my 5th gen the extinguisher stays in its box under the rear seat.

NTX_Ian

Reaction score
Thought about trying to find a small one for one of the smugglers hatches in the rear floor, but can’t seem to find one that small. Other option is in my Rambox, or under the rear seat area.
While poking around amazon I found a few that are being made in a what look to be a hairspray sized can, they may fit down in there.

NTX_Ian

Reaction score
Depending on your anticipated needs, a couple of these for me, fits the bill. Great for engine bay fires At least.
FireBall
That’s an interesting item right there. Not sure it would fit my needs for the truck, but I could see it being good for other uses.

NTX_Ian

Reaction score
In my third gen cummins i was able to mount one on the floor at the base of the driver’s seat. So far in my 5th gen the extinguisher stays in its box under the rear seat.
I will probably toss one under the seat with a heavy blanket and be done, but mounting a bracket down there may add an extra layer of stability.

Cravenfan

Reaction score
While poking around amazon I found a few that are being made in a what look to be a hairspray sized can, they may fit down in there.

Can you post the Amazon link please?

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here are some RamBox insert plans for a fire extinguisher and great photos in the last post:

SynAckuL

Reaction score
I bought a an extinguisher that comes with the plastic mount. I have the rear underseat storage box, so I mounted it to the front of that (under the back seat). I can reach it from the front with a little stretch, or easily from the back.

The Bracketeer is also a nice mount, but I didn't want to spend that kind of money.

Xhumeka

Reaction score

Same - here is where mine is mounted (1:18 mark of this video if thumbnail doesn't show it):

I'm hoping to mount it in a similar location in my 2020 1500 eventually...

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All this discussion about fire extinguishers reminds me of a joke I heard years ago.

A person was driving a Pontiac Aztek when it broke down. After pulling over, the person contacted OnStar.
"Hello, this is OnStar. How may I help you?"
"My Aztek broke down and I'm parked on the side of the road."
"An Aztek! That's such an ugly car. Ok, I certainly know how to help you. Please stand far away from the vehicle."
A moment later, OnStar ignited the Aztek completely on fire!

Another Aztek removed from the face of the earth! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/