5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

anyone actually use the MOPAR ROAD HAZARD TIRE & WHEEL COVERAGE

Lungs414

Reaction score
Curious what the procedure is? Can I go to a regular tire shop? Much closer to me, I have 2 tires with steel pieces in them? Hoping for new tires instead of patch, both close to sidewall.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I used mine once - got a wheel repaired and tire replaced. But I went through the dealership.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have had a couple of tires replaced under the hazard policy. As I recall, at least 1 was through a dealer. The first was too long ago to remember. It can be any dealer, not just where you bought. The last one was at a small more rural dealer, and treated me like I bought it there. Got me right in, had the tire in stock, and done in an hour or two.

sparkygreen

Reaction score
Must be the dealer. I had to take it there once to get it assessed and approved. They didn't have the tire in stock so it was ordered and I went back a week or so later to get it replaced. Definitely a hassle if you aren't close to a dealer, but better than buying new tire(s). Mine was also in the tread but near the sidewall and they replaced it. Good luck!

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
I have no experience with the warranty but im searching the intwrnet for one for my truck but, I'd imagine if it's a Mopar warranty then you'd have to go to the dealer for the repairs.

Lungs414

Reaction score
just called. No problem with going to non dealer. Shop just have to call before work proceeds. Probably want photo or tread indication reading. My local dealer is 25 mile away local guy is 1/2 mile away been using for years to rotate and patch flats.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is the RAM tire warranty something you need to agree to when dealing with finance?

I thought that there was a tire warranty with every new car, but my wife's Audi had a blow out at 6k miles and the dealer said I didn't purchase the tire warranty. I just assumed it was a separate warranty from the vehicle, but included fro 12mo/12k miles.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
No standard warranty that I know of covers tires. The tire manufacturer gives you a warranty but that is against defects. Maybe a broken belt, but not road hazard. They pretty much always try to sell it to you at time of purchase.

Lungs414

Reaction score
I got the tire warranty separately from Ziegler like a lot of people on here do. You choose how long you want it for. Kinda pays for itself if you are lucky.

Users who are viewing this thread