5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anybody heard of Nanoshield?

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was at a local tint shop last week and they were pushing a product called Nanoshield. Apparently, it is supposed to strengthen glass and provide some level of protection from rock chips. I'm intrigued because Phoenix has a high degree of chipped windshields due to all the construction traffic virtually everywhere. They were quoting $150 for the windshield.

From looking at the manufacturer's website, it appears that you can get a 1-yr warranty even if DIY, but I haven't found anywhere that sells it other than that local tint shop where I was last week. I watched a youtube review where someone bought it at a truck stop. I also found a trucker's supply company in Iowa that sells the kit for $50. I haven't decided yet but I might give it a try. $50 is not a bad gamble and a far cry from the $150 the tint shop was quoting. Install appears very easy so no reason to pay anyone to do it for you.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
There's no way that would work from a science standpoint.
Sounds like it's just a bottle of ceramic spray similar to wax.
Pure snake oil.

23RAM

Reaction score
There's no way that would work from a science standpoint.
Sounds like it's just a bottle of ceramic spray similar to wax.
Pure snake oil.
I concur...I have a family member who is a physics prof and says there's lots of snake oil on the market because the "dumb masses" will buy anything if it's on the interwebs.
:D
I use Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax on my vehicles - the paint, glass, headlights, etc. - it goes on easy and dries clear so no white residue after waxing. I don't believe it has any special "ceramic" properties but it's easy to use and works well. Plus it's cheap.
(y)

John Galt

Reaction score
it goes on easy and dries clear so no white residue after waxing. I don't believe it has any special "ceramic" properties but it's easy to use and works well. Plus it's cheap.
(y)
there is no part of that statement I don’t like.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I concur...I have a family member who is a physics prof and says there's lots of snake oil on the market because the "dumb masses" will buy anything if it's on the interwebs.
:D
I use Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax on my vehicles - the paint, glass, headlights, etc. - it goes on easy and dries clear so no white residue after waxing. I don't believe it has any special "ceramic" properties but it's easy to use and works well. Plus it's cheap.
(y)
NU finish and other stuff works well too.
I find my Turtle Wax branded Cermic spray work better, and the rain spray (not washer fluid) still works the best. A few coats every 6-12 months and it's golden.

It will reduce friction on the glass so it might ever so slightly reduce a chance of a rock causing sliding damage after its already cracked your windshield.

It sucks there's so many fake things online that people believe in. Makes it hard to find cool new legit products.

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
F-11 is absolutely the best sealer wax I have ever used on my truck and hellcat. It does all surfaces to include glass. You can wash you car after using F-11 and its looks like its freshley done again and dirt just rolls off it to incode brake dust if you done your wheels with it. It can be used on all black plastic and vinyal , leather as well.

Users who are viewing this thread