5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anybody have this squeak noise

Duran

Reaction score
Any idea what it was on your other trucks

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Not just trucks either , my old Ford did it , my old Chevy Impala , Olds Cutlass , etc etc ...

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
bearings in pulleys?

"It's all ball bearings nowadays"

Duran

Reaction score
Wtf seriously. Does the noise ever go away. Im at 6 k miles. Anytime soon would be nice

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't have that issue but all kidding aside, I did on my LS1 Trans Am. I was able to pinpoint it to my tensioner pulley. I took it off and greased the bearings. Went away.

The squeak sound in the video seems to slow down as your idle stabilizes. It could very well be a pulley. Worth at least eliminating it as a possibility.

Duran

Reaction score
Ill have to pop the hood in the morning and run the truck and see if the noise is coming from there. Could the noise echo to the bottom of the truck from the tensioner pulley maybe

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Try the funnel trick. Put a funnel to your ear and point it at the area you think it's coming from. It acts like a mechanic's stethoscope. You can even use a poster board and make a cone. Try Google for ideas.

Duran

Reaction score
I got ahold of a mechanic stethoscope. Ill be sure to check tje tensioner tomorrow morning

Duran

Reaction score
I have an appointment at the dealer on the 17th . There gonna keep it a few days , or so they say.

My money is on the cat.

Another takers ?

Duran

Reaction score
Back from the shop. After 5 days. A flash update was available for the trans

Attachments

• 20210323_172739.jpg
    20210323_172739.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 21

Bigga826

Reaction score
I wish someone could solve this noise...mine has been doing it since new. Had a tensioner and belt replaced and still the same. Actually just noticed today that the hydraulic belt tensioner is leaking, so going back to the dealer.

Duran

Reaction score
I wish someone could solve this noise...mine has been doing it since new. Had a tensioner and belt replaced and still the same. Actually just noticed today that the hydraulic belt tensioner is leaking, so going back to the dealer.
Last time i came back from the deal they said its normal. Dont understand how that is supposed to be normal

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/