5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anybody have pics with the 2" lift without changing wheels and tires?

PedalMonk

Reaction score
With the Rebel, I was thinking I could just add the two inch lift myabe and keep the wheels and tires. Does it look OK? Also, does it affect the way it handles and drives? Thanks!

JHRebel

Reaction score
I did a 2inch level, rolled with the stock tires and wheels for a bit, I love the wheels, but wasn’t crazy about the stock good year rubber, and after the level they just didn’t look proportional...upgraded to 35 Nitto ridge grapplers on the stock wheels and it’s perfect, I love the oem+ look so it really fits my style...I don’t have great pics of the new setup but I’ll post a before and after changing the tires ( both with the level) of the best shots I have...first image is the new tires, second stock rubber.

0AA65BD4-64A4-4210-976C-486CF2CCF4A0.jpeg 201CF9DE-01C9-4FA9-AC75-DC2A47429E49.jpeg

clazer

Reaction score
Here’s the level:
a00b9d5d9762112fb56d33488acefdda.jpg

But then you’ll want bigger rubber, at least 35 like JhRebel! these are 37, maybe a bit excessive

35a724f86eaaeb0421b03694975bc47f.jpg

Usfdrohead

Reaction score
I did a 2inch level, rolled with the stock tires and wheels for a bit, I love the wheels, but wasn’t crazy about the stock good year rubber, and after the level they just didn’t look proportional...upgraded to 35 Nitto ridge grapplers on the stock wheels and it’s perfect, I love the oem+ look so it really fits my style...I don’t have great pics of the new setup but I’ll post a before and after changing the tires ( both with the level) of the best shots I have...first image is the new tires, second stock rubber.

View attachment 37010 View attachment 37011
Any running with your 35s? I assume not at all?

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Whats the going rate to get the 2" MotoFab leveling kit installed for anyone whos done it? I seem to be getting super high quotes - my neighbor went to the same place and it was half the price 2 years ago. Labor couldnt have doubled since then.

JHRebel

Reaction score
Whats the going rate to get the 2" MotoFab leveling kit installed for anyone whos done it? I seem to be getting super high quotes - my neighbor went to the same place and it was half the price 2 years ago. Labor couldnt have doubled since then.
Readylift 2inch with UCAs bought,installed, and alignment, just a notch over $1000 for me at a very reputable truck/Jeep shop.

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Readylift 2inch with UCAs bought,installed, and alignment, just a notch over $1000 for me at a very reputable truck/Jeep shop.

Yeah I got quoted $450 for just the install/alignment of just the spacers (no UCAs) - neighbor got it for about $150 two years ago - same reputable shop.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not a Rebel but here is a Laramie with stock tires and wheels and the 2” Mopar lift kit.
Thanks for posting your pictures. I've been chomping at the bit to get a 2" MOPAR Lift; but haven't decided on tires yet. I think I can live with stock tires for a little while after I get the lift now. I'm not one who thinks the wheel wells need to be full; but I'm thinking a 33" or 34" tire would fit nicely. 35" would probably be a bit stuffed for my liking.

JHRebel

Reaction score
Yeah I got quoted $450 for just the install/alignment of just the spacers (no UCAs) - neighbor got it for about $150 two years ago - same reputable shop.
$150 seems very cheap, too cheap honestly, the kit I bought was like $525, then tax, install etc...my install and alignment was right around 450 as well...after watching them do it, I get why it’s worth the money. Posted a link to the level I bought.

Midnight1988

Reaction score
Thanks for posting your pictures. I've been chomping at the bit to get a 2" MOPAR Lift; but haven't decided on tires yet. I think I can live with stock tires for a little while after I get the lift now. I'm not one who thinks the wheel wells need to be full; but I'm thinking a 33" or 34" tire would fit nicely. 35" would probably be a bit stuffed for my liking.
I’m getting 35s this weekend. It might be a little tight but I’ll post some pictures.

plimmy

Reaction score
Here’s the level:
a00b9d5d9762112fb56d33488acefdda.jpg

But then you’ll want bigger rubber, at least 35 like JhRebel! these are 37, maybe a bit excessive

35a724f86eaaeb0421b03694975bc47f.jpg
How in the heck did you fit 37's! haha. Awesome. I'm looking to do the Daystar & Revel Link combo, is that what you ran on your air-ride? Any issues? I'm just looking to switch to -12 offset 18" rims on 35's. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

clazer

Reaction score
How in the heck did you fit 37's! haha. Awesome. I'm looking to do the Daystar & Revel Link combo, is that what you ran on your air-ride? Any issues? I'm just looking to switch to -12 offset 18" rims on 35's. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Yep, Daystar and home-made links. 2” up in front and maybe a half inch up in rear. Used 1.25” hubcentric spacers, which is the same as the -12mm offset you are interested in. You shouldn’t have any trouble with 35’s. Only issues are that I broke the front right sensor mount, I think it’s because the nuts weren’t completely tightened above the spacers by the shop. Currently trying to figure out how to modify off the shelf mud flaps so they don’t rub. Have a thread about it all out there somewhere - Journey Toward a Bigger Rebel

Users who are viewing this thread