5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anybody have experience with the ReadyLift 3.5" SST 2.1 Lift Kit

nickman

Reaction score
New 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built To Serve edition owner here. My 2006 Ram Bighorn sits about 2" higher (mostly due to larger tires I think) than my new one, even though the new one has the factory "raised ride height." I'm wanting to gain some height and looking to put a bit of a lift on this. I'm new to lifts and which manufacturers are good and which are not so and how the different systems effect ride quality, towing/hauling ability, handling, and durability. I asked for a quote from a local shop for the ReadyLift 3.5" SST thinking it was the one with the included shocks, it was not, it looked like just the spacers and control arms. So I asked for an additional quote on the 2.1 kit with the Falcon shocks. As expected the 2.1 kit quite a bit more expensive than just the spacers and control arms. But from my limited knowledge spacers only do not seem like the way to go.
I want to maintain as much ride quality and handling as I can and will be keeping the stock 20" rims and 275/55R20 tires for the short term after the lift, in order to split the cost between the lift and new tires. (the shop said keeping these with either of the two kits would be no problem)
Does anybody have experience with the ReadyLift 3.5" SST 2.1 Lift Kit? The one with the Falcon shocks.

Last edited:

nickman

Reaction score
For that price, go with the bds fox lift 3 Inch Lift Kit | FOX 2.5 Performance Elite Coil-Over | Ram 1500 (19-2 and you have adjustable coilovers to help adjust the ride.
I’ve only had experience with the 3.5 SST and just went to a full bds 6in coilover lift. So much better to control the ride.
I was also looking at the BDS kit. It comes standard with adjustable coilovers while the SST kit comes standard with adjustable rear shocks. To get adjustable rear shocks with the BDS kit, the cost climbs to $4,646.00; $1,396.00 more than the SST kit. No doubt BDS is quality though.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score

go with this. you don't need resi if you're not doing trail runs that make your suspension compress and rebound a lot and this is a much better kit in terms of design, manufacturing, and engineering.

the two JT customers i had who run falcons said they went falcon because they didn't know king or fox existed (they were complete 100% noob and the shop who did their installs, aka not us, took advantage of them). test drove their trucks and i can see why.

nickman

Reaction score

go with this. you don't need resi if you're not doing trail runs that make your suspension compress and rebound a lot and this is a much better kit in terms of design, manufacturing, and engineering.

the two JT customers i had who run falcons said they went falcon because they didn't know king or fox existed (they were complete 100% noob and the shop who did their installs, aka not us, took advantage of them). test drove their trucks and i can see why.
Ok, I'll check these out. I'm wanting to do a moderate overland build. Nothing crazy but I do plan to take this off road, It's also my daily driver. I was leaning towards the BDS with the fox shocks only because I used to ride and fox is a brand I'm familiar with. Also, the 2.5s have the adjustable shocks which I figured would be good for switching between off-road and highway ride. All this said, I will be towing occasionally. I have several dump trailers and in a pinch I may have to tow one off of a job site. I was thinking of having airbags along with the daystar cradles installed with the lift. My thoughts are that the airbags could act as bump stops essentially doing nothing until I want to tow, I could then air them up.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok, I'll check these out. I'm wanting to do a moderate overland build. Nothing crazy but I do plan to take this off road, It's also my daily driver. I was leaning towards the BDS with the fox shocks only because I used to ride and fox is a brand I'm familiar with. Also, the 2.5s have the adjustable shocks which I figured would be good for switching between off-road and highway ride. All this said, I will be towing occasionally. I have several dump trailers and in a pinch I may have to tow one off of a job site. I was thinking of having airbags along with the daystar cradles installed with the lift. My thoughts are that the airbags could act as bump stops essentially doing nothing until I want to tow, I could then air them up.

check this out.
can't really say about towing because i don't tow. but with Carli 1500 Rebel HD springs i got no sag or anything with ~600lb in bed.

Users who are viewing this thread