5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any way to increase Bluetooth volume level to match XM Radio?

slowjam

Reaction score
Brand new 2020 with a stock 12"Connect + Alpine system. Everything works great so far except for a noticeable low audio input level when streaming Bluetooth music from my iPhone.
I'm comparing the input level to the XM radio volume and my volume is up all the way on the phone. I also played around the iPhone EQ settings, but they did not make any difference.

For example, when listening to the XM Stations, my volume setting at 20 is quite loud (depending on the type of music I'm listening to). At the same time, I have to be at ~30 on the Bluetooth input to achieve the same level of sound.
Most of my iPhone content is in the highest quality Apple Music provides so I know the source is good...It appears like the XM input is "hotter" than the Bluetooth for some reason.
Any ideas if this can be fixed?

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You mentioned messing with EQ settings on the phone, but have you checked that the Bluetooth volume on the phone is all the way up while it's connected? Also, does your iPhone have an earphone jack? If so you could try the Aux input and see if there is improvement

slowjam

Reaction score
Yes, my volume is up all the way...there are no 3.5 jacks on iPhone any more...

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Make sure the volume limit in settings is set to maximum, also change the eq to "late night". Maybe also try an app that has a volume booster

slowjam

Reaction score
I think the "Late Night" mode made a decent volume level boost! Great tip!

Users who are viewing this thread