5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any way to defeat 25 mph limit on Off-Road page?

Efriday

Reaction score
The Pitch and Roll indicators on the Off-Road page stop displaying when speed gets above 25 mph. A message then appears indicating there is indeed a 25 mph limit.
Any way to defeat this?
2021 Longhorn 5.7 L Hemi eTorque

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I believe it’s meant to be used at low speeds.

In higher speeds, you should be looking at the road.

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Efriday

Reaction score
I believe it’s meant to be used at low speeds.

In higher speeds, you should be looking at the road.

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Well, I'm glad the RAM Robot Overlords are preventing me from thinking for myself.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Check the list of functions for a Tazer DT. They over ride all the speed functions in a jeep. Perhaps it is the same for Ram.

Saddlerocker

Reaction score
Is this page only on ORP trucks?
I have 12" uconnect, laramie, and dont see this page.

2022Ram2500#

Reaction score
The Pitch and Roll indicators on the Off-Road page stop displaying when speed gets above 25 mph. A message then appears indicating there is indeed a 25 mph limit.
Any way to defeat this?
2021 Longhorn 5.7 L Hemi eTorque
Yes I hate that too! I want to know when I’m climbing big hill and towing what angle the hill is. It’s a great feature on highway. If you need that turned off above 25mph “to keep your eyes on the road” you should not drive and put your helmet on. And get your 20th booster shot.
Please post if you find a way to defeat this window licking dumb feature! Thank you.
2022 Ram 2500 6.7 4x4 off road package

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes I hate that too! I want to know when I’m climbing big hill and towing what angle the hill is. It’s a great feature on highway. If you need that turned off above 25mph “to keep your eyes on the road” you should not drive and put your helmet on. And get your 20th booster shot.
Please post if you find a way to defeat this window licking dumb feature! Thank you.
2022 Ram 2500 6.7 4x4 off road package
Until you figure out how to defeat the software, you could spend $11 and have what you’re looking for.

1705796656034.png

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 19 doesn't have it either. But, I figure if I never knew it before i still don't need to know. I'm either going up, down, I'm on flat ground or I'm tilting to one side or the other. I never seemed to need a computer to tell me.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Is it limited to 25 mph on TRX’s?

Seems like that’s the only truck that could really utilize it at higher speeds due to how the truck is built.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score

Seems like that’s the only truck that could really utilize it at higher speeds due to how the truck is built.
What point would it be using it over 25mph, if it shows your are tilting going fast it's far too late.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

I’ve only used that screen a few times, but I don’t recall it ever disabling due to speed. So I’m going to say that I think it works all the time. But I’ll have to test it out now.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i only use it when i'm climbing something steep or being off camber just so i can have a scientific description of how bad the obstacle is (and to justify why I was sh*tting bricks while on the obstacle)
also use it to level out the truck when setting up tent. I find 1 degree off is fine for sleeping; anything over 1 degree require leveling.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Could be a safety issue, probably better to have eyes front at speed. I have this mental impression of someone tumbling down a big hill, fixated on the rapidly changing numbers on the screen and trying to figure out what they mean, while oblivious that he is crashing to his doom. 🤪

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I use mine for leveling the RTT as well, but would love to know how steep hills are on the highway. Sometimes I turn mine on off road just to see, but 25mph is it.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I mean, you could raise it up and then pull the fuse…right? Not ideal ;)

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Finally remembered to check this page while driving. Yes, pitch and roll are disabled over 25 mph on the TRX as well.

IMG_1353.jpeg

IMG_1356.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread