5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any way to choose which page/screen on remote start or normal start displays?

Starkhaus

Reaction score
Every time I remote start my truck it is on the Apps page and I have to change it to my CarPlay or the home page. Is there any way I can set what screen it starts on to avoid changing it every time?

tech97elec

Reaction score
Every time I remote start my truck it is on the Apps page and I have to change it to my CarPlay or the home page. Is there any way I can set what screen it starts on to avoid changing it every time?
Mine does same w 26.17

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If your phone isn't in range when you remote start, you can't really expect it to start up in carplay. And if Carplay was last source used it probably defaults to the apps page when there isn't a carplay connection found.

SnyderRD

Reaction score
First thing in the morning after the vehicle has sat overnight, whether I remote start or not, and whether the radio is on at startup or if I turn it on after startup, the screen initializes in App Mode. After I change it to FM, CarPlay, etc, it will return to whatever screen I left it on every time I start the radio. But the next day after sitting overnight, first thing in the morning, I'm back on the App Screen at startup.

I received the following response from Ram Customer Care "We are disappointed to learn of your concern with app screen startup regarding your Ram and understand how this might cause concern. The characteristic you describe however, is a function of your vehicle's design and there is no repair."

I haven't tried the soft reset or any of that. I'm hoping a future software update will correct it.

nitmik

Reaction score
Mine has started on the App screen for as long as I can remember. I have not seen a way to change it. I figure it took them a year to get my seat controls to stay in the upper corner. Probably be two to three years to start on my Home Screen when I start the truck and another year or two to return to the previous screen when I use my back up camera.

Response littered with sarcasm!!

SnyderRD

Reaction score
I replied to Ram Customer Care asking "Is the design intent for this to happen to all radios after 6 months of normal use or is that unintended?" Their recommendation now is to do a reset. I have been presented 3 options:

1) Soft button reset: Open the VEHICLE app --> scroll to SETTINGS --> scroll to RESET and choose RESTART RADIO. Performs a cold reboot which completely restarts the radio and all peripheral devices in the radio

2) Soft button reset: Open the VEHICLE app --> scroll to SETTINGS --> scroll to RESET and choose FACTORY RESET. Wipes saved user data from the radio and reverts everything back to factory default settings. (Presets, Favorites, Profiles, Paired Phones will be cleared)

3) Press and hold the "power button/knob" in for 10 seconds or more. This option performs a cold reboot which completely restarts the radio and all peripheral devices in the radio (similar to option 1).

If any of y'all try any of these, let me know. I will do the same. I'm afraid I'll just make things worse or get some other issue to pop up.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I tried your option 3 when my radio first started doing this, with no change. I haven't gone any further bc so far it is just a random inconvenience.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I replied to Ram Customer Care asking "Is the design intent for this to happen to all radios after 6 months of normal use or is that unintended?" Their recommendation now is to do a reset. I have been presented 3 options:

1) Soft button reset: Open the VEHICLE app --> scroll to SETTINGS --> scroll to RESET and choose RESTART RADIO. Performs a cold reboot which completely restarts the radio and all peripheral devices in the radio

2) Soft button reset: Open the VEHICLE app --> scroll to SETTINGS --> scroll to RESET and choose FACTORY RESET. Wipes saved user data from the radio and reverts everything back to factory default settings. (Presets, Favorites, Profiles, Paired Phones will be cleared)

3) Press and hold the "power button/knob" in for 10 seconds or more. This option performs a cold reboot which completely restarts the radio and all peripheral devices in the radio (similar to option 1).

If any of y'all try any of these, let me know. I will do the same. I'm afraid I'll just make things worse or get some other issue to pop up.
There was probably an OTA updated that "broke" the system to where it does that now

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just a thought, if you have memory settings, try resetting memory while in mode you want. Maybe you could have been in a different mode last time settings were saved?

tech97elec

Reaction score
This uconnect 5, 12 inch software just isnt up to par with real world conditions, like "last screen", etc. I am happy though that my "last source" works all the time now since i made my device (phone) a favorite.

Maybe theyll get it right in the furure wo messing something else up.

Just for grins.... try that, make sure your phone is tagged for FAVORITE 1.

RankinX

Reaction score
it was fine for me until i updated with the version of uconnect floating on this forum. Now it mostly always goes to the app screen, that drives me crazy.

23RAM

Reaction score
it was fine for me until i updated with the version of uconnect floating on this forum. Now it mostly always goes to the app screen, that drives me crazy.
I noticed mine is doing that some times as well with v26.15 that came with the truck. It's random from what I can tell - about 3 out of 10 times it'll be on the Apps screen although I leave it on the Home screen which is configured with the nav up top, media lower left, and comfort settings lower right.

reapur

Reaction score
This uconnect 5, 12 inch software just isnt up to par with real world conditions, like "last screen", etc. I am happy though that my "last source" works all the time now since i made my device (phone) a favorite.

Maybe theyll get it right in the furure wo messing something else up.

Just for grins.... try that, make sure your phone is tagged for FAVORITE 1.
where do we make things as favorites? I'd like to make the 128GB USB drive as my fav, as it contains my music.

tech97elec

Reaction score
where do we make things as favorites? I'd like to make the 128GB USB drive as my fav, as it contains my music.
I made MY PHONE a favorite by "starring" it in the connected devices (paired phones) listing.

Idk, but you can try to hide the other sources from the source screen leaving only the USB. Not sure if that will do it. But worth a try. Also make sure you dont have the FM RADIO set to play automatically. There is a setting for that in the menus. Not in truck now, going by memory.

Users who are viewing this thread