5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any way to browse large music volumes on the 12" uConnect?

NewToRAM

Reaction score
I rented a car last week for work for a drive to Chicago and brought along my USB stick to try it in another non-Chrysler vehicle. Quite miraculously, all folders and songs were recognized with the count matching iTunes precisely with 1,187 folders and 14,482 songs. I've tried NTFS and FAT32 as well as file copies from Windows directly as well as MediaMonkey. MediaMonkey produced better results but I can still see artists only A-S, and 1,2,3. T through Z are missing and the song count is short by approx. 4,000. Not sure what to try next.

PedalMonk

Reaction score
I rented a car last week for work for a drive to Chicago and brought along my USB stick to try it in another non-Chrysler vehicle. Quite miraculously, all folders and songs were recognized with the count matching iTunes precisely with 1,187 folders and 14,482 songs. I've tried NTFS and FAT32 as well as file copies from Windows directly as well as MediaMonkey. MediaMonkey produced better results but I can still see artists only A-S, and 1,2,3. T through Z are missing and the song count is short by approx. 4,000. Not sure what to try next.

I'd suggest you show the dealership as there would be no way for them to back out of this. Bring another car/truck that shows all of the folders and show them how it doesn't work in the uconnect system.

NewToRAM

Reaction score
Quite honestly, the uConnect 12" system has been a disappointment. This problem (well known), coupled with the phone problem where you need to transfer, then transfer again to keep calls from dropping (well known), the laggy-ness (well known) and the searching offline issue for the navigation make me wonder whether this big selling point for the FIAT-Chrysler product was really worth it. Throw in the dismal fuel mileage and I'm only left with the styling as the big selling point.

Ski14ers

Reaction score
Same here. I have thousands of songs on a 128GB thumb drive playlist and can browse and see all the artists, songs, etc in their respective folders. The key is how you format the thumb drive. I‘m on a Mac and used a dedicated program to copy the playlist from iTunes to the drive. Zero issues (well, when the USB port is working that is, but that’s a different story).
Hey Neurobit, what Mac app did you use for the playlist export? I was going to just try the basic Music export but if there's a hack that'll save time I'd rather go directly to that. Thx

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Hey Neurobit, what Mac app did you use for the playlist export? I was going to just try the basic Music export but if there's a hack that'll save time I'd rather go directly to that. Thx
Here you go. Export for iTunes. Works great.

Users who are viewing this thread