5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any tips? <Solved> Thanks boys.

Steiner11

Reaction score
I need to get my 2019 ram 1500 etorque to the shop, the battery is not charging while I drive, I bought a new battery to attempt the 25 min drive there. Any way to save as much power as possible aside from turning off the lcd and air conditioning?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I need to get my 2019 ram 1500 etorque to the shop, the battery is not charging while I drive, I bought a new battery to attempt the 25 min drive there. Any way to save as much power as possible aside from turning off the lcd and air conditioning?
Maybe Ram tow it in for free and replace it.
Why bother screwing around and risking the battery dying on you.

7 year warranty on eTorque.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
One tip, make a better subject line for your post.

These trucks hate bad batteries.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If it's not charging, it's probably an issue with the etorque system. Have you had a rear window water leak?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
You can call dealer or RamCares.
Do it in that order. See if the dealer with arrange a tow, else call Ram\ram cares and say it cant be driven.

Same thing goes if the truck needs to be left and you need a rental\loaner. If dealership can't provide call Ram and they will likely reimburse you to get your own from Enterprise.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Maybe Ram tow it in for free and replace it.
Why bother screwing around and risking the battery dying on you.

7 year warranty on eTorque.
Federal Emission Warranty covers the following parts of the Ram eTorque system for eight years/80,000 miles, whichever comes first.

jw73

Reaction score
Hello all - new here and new to the RAM family - I just experienced this issue a week ago. Paid for towing to the dealership (afterhours) and they gave me a rental. i have a 2019 5.7 V8 Hemi with etorque Laramie

Questions -
1. is it normal for this part to take 6-10 weeks to come in?
2. any known issues AFTER the part is replaced?

jw73

Reaction score
GREAT NEWS - instead of 6-8 weeks - back on the road in 2 weeks to the date it was dropped off at the dealer!! Glad to be rolling in the truck and out of the rental Ford Expedition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online