5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any thoughts would be great.

Apple ii

Reaction score
I have a "2021" Ram, 2500,
I did a very dumb thing and put regular gas into the tank drove it for about a mile before it made terrible noises I pulled over and had it towed to dealership. $20,000 later they replace the whole fuel system filters and pumps. I got it back 2 weeks ago and last week went to start it and it just turns over and does not start.
Had it towed to the dealership where codes showed that it had low voltage and replace both batteries at a charge of $670.
Today, it does not start again just turns over. Any thoughts on what I should be looking for or telling the dealership, when have it towed their again.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I presume you have a diesel…. Your auto insurance comprehensive policy may/should cover your damages. File a claim.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have a "2021" Ram, 2500,
I did a very dumb thing and put regular gas into the tank drove it for about a mile before it made terrible noises I pulled over and had it towed to dealership. $20,000 later they replace the whole fuel system filters and pumps. I got it back 2 weeks ago and last week went to start it and it just turns over and does not start.
Had it towed to the dealership where codes showed that it had low voltage and replace both batteries at a charge of $670.
Today, it does not start again just turns over. Any thoughts on what I should be looking for or telling the dealership, when have it towed their again.
If you are out of warranty, which it sounds like you are, I'd stop having it towed to the dealer. Take it to an independent shop and will probably cost less for repairs. As for the battery/no start thing, since the dealer already attempted a fix, by replacing the batteries, I would be arguing with them if they try charging you again

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online