5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any thoughts on the Mopar spray in liner?

surfingcrna

Reaction score
I'm about to order my truck and I cannot find any source of reviews for the factory bed liner. Two dealers tell me it's factory Mopar but I cannot find any information and they cannot supply any. Did anyone get the Mopar factory spray in liner and what do you think of it, or find a source of information about it? I was going to order the RamBox and thought they would spray the liner then install the boxes versus me waiting to get Line-x when I receive the truck.

Thanks.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm happy with mine but on closer inspection there are a few shiny spots where the texture didn't get sprayed from all angles. Like a few areas where the leeward side doesn't have near the dimpling as the rest of it. Many probably wouldn't even notice. No where near bad enough to ask service to address (God knows what they to that!), just part of the character of the truck.

Dontra

Reaction score
My 16 Tundra has LineX. It has been great. I haul a lot of lumber and mulch and compost in it. Nov will be 3 yrs

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This my second truck with a factory spray in liner, they're as good as rhino liner or line x however like Edward's said there are a few spots where coverage is a touch thin, nothing critical and not spots that are easy to see, where I live this wouldn't have happened at the local line x shop, but you also have the hassle of taking your truck in and paying to have it sprayed. Typically 450 dollars or so theres really no cost savings having it done after purchase.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine is very uniform and seems to be extremely durable. Time will tell. It looks great.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Love mine. As factory look as you can get. Would not do without given the option.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've inspected quite a few Rams on the lots and the factory spray-in is very impressive. I have talked to one individual who has it on a 2017 Ram 2500 and he has been amazed at how durable it's been.

I went with the Rhino after I ordered my truck, and although I'm so far pleased with it I'm sorry I did not order it from the factory. The price would've been the same and had I ordered it from the factory it would've come with the optional bed lighting, which I'm now sorry I don't have.

Best regards,
Dusty

2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Now at: 004598 miles.

surfingcrna

Reaction score
Thanks. I agree it looked good and seemed to be applied well, just was unsure of its performance. Also finally got a local who let me get my hands on a truck with a Rambox and it seems the way to go for me. Hopefully the liner looks as nice with the Rambox. If they only made the Rambox doors a little more sturdy and secure I would be completely happy. But if someone wants to bust in they will any way I think.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Thanks. I agree it looked good and seemed to be applied well, just was unsure of its performance. Also finally got a local who let me get my hands on a truck with a Rambox and it seems the way to go for me. Hopefully the liner looks as nice with the Rambox. If they only made the Rambox doors a little more sturdy and secure I would be completely happy. But if someone wants to bust in they will any way I think.
Don't store anything in there of significant value. Anyone with a screwdriver can get into a Rambox in prob 3 seconds (and your truck for that matter).

surfingcrna

Reaction score
Don't store anything in there of significant value. Anyone with a screwdriver can get into a Rambox in prob 3 seconds (and your truck for that matter).
That's really the same with any auto if you break the glass. I was just thinking if it had more than one center latch it be helpful.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm happy with mine and also on my 2014. The factory liner does not have the UV inhibitor so mine looked a little gray after a year on my 2014. I put cover on my 2019 right away so I'm not really worried about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online