5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any Suggestions how to make a Ram 1500 Crew Cab 6 4 Bed look shorter?

Ashman47

Reaction score
I just got my truck, I'm passed the grace period of 3 days. It looks like a bus! I didn't realize how long it was until I viewed it from the side. Anybody else have pictures of stuff they did to their truck to make it look shorter?

Geddyflea

Reaction score
You could try an over the rail tool box to visually shorten it or maybe a roll bar. This isn't the 6'-4" bed but kind of gives you an idea of how the tool box changes the look. 20231003_101337.jpg

Last edited:

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
That’s funny. After owning nothing but 6’4” beds I think my 5’7” looks ridiculously small for a pick up truck.
this! i could and would never own a 5'7 bed, way to short and IMO it looks goofy as hell with a crew cab let alone a mega cab. quadcab looks fine though. if my quad and dirt bike cant fit in the bed without closing the tailgate, im not getting it. i bought 2 steel shelves from home depot for the garage and it fit perfectly, i looked at my wife and said THAT is why i wouldnt buy a 5'7 bed.

Av1

Reaction score
The 5'7" and the 6'4" beds both look short to me.

I'm still not used to how short my 5'7" bed looks, especially seeing it parked next to my older Ram with an 8' bed.

I've always driven 8' bed trucks before my 1500.

Ashman47

Reaction score
I agree. I felt very lucky to find my Limited with a 6'4" bed. To me it looks way more balanced.
I think I'm going to put a 2.5 Moto Fab leveling kit on it and put 35 inch tires on it.

skyhawk42

Reaction score
I think I'm going to put a 2.5 Moto Fab leveling kit on it and put 35 inch tires on it.
If you want to go 3” instead of 2.5, I have the one off my truck you can have free. I swapped to coilovers so I don’t need it anymore

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online