5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any sell/trade in recently?

Kooch80

Reaction score
Currently have a limited eco diesel but have a TRX on order. Originally planned on trading in limited but the market seems to be taking a fast noise drive. Interested in what people have been getting recently. Thanks

Kooch80

Reaction score
You ordered last June and don't have it yet? I hope they change you to a 2023.
June order got built at the end of November and finally made it to dealer last week. 23 model ordered in September started getting built 12/19 and still hasn't been finished being built.

jmrhodes212

Reaction score
I think everyone can agree that used vehicle prices are in the process of finally correcting after 3 years of craziness. I would assume in the next few months we will be fully back to a 20% loss in value when the vehicle is driven off the lot. Obviously, you can recoup some of that in a private party sale, but our state tax is 8% of the difference after trade, so it makes private party selling much less appealing since you'll most likely break even between trade with tax benefit and the increased private party sell amount.

In my area of the south, if I assumed your 2022 Ram 1500 Limited ecodiesel was one of the fully loaded $80K MSRP trucks, you'd be doing good to break $60K on trade. Obviously markets vary, so it may be worth more where you are. Problem with Rams is that there are dealers that have been giving $10K-$14K discounts on new for the past 18-24 months, so that really drives down used values from the MSRP number. There are couple of new 2022 fully loaded ecodiesel limited trucks near me currently being listed for $10K under MSRP. I guess that the price of diesel vs gas is also factoring in and impacting diesel sales.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/