5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any Ridetech users here?

Alter Ego Trip

Reaction score
Can't wait to hear back on what you think! We have just started to see the sales pick up for it, so I am excited to hear the feedback as guys get the system installed. If I didn't just get my 2017 Rebel where I want it and my newborn twin boys + 21 month old daughter at home, I'd have a 5th gen on our kit no doubt!

Ben, I do have a question about drop. RT states 2" drop in front is optimal, even though it is capable of 3" in the front. Is this due to the engineers just trying to keep shock within the optimal travel range, or is there something else at play here? I am shooting for a 3/4 setup, but don't want a super crappy ride if the front is not optimal at 3".

Also, are there any issue with the additional E torque weight and your spring rating?

Last edited:

Rock Crawler

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I think if you do 3” in the front, you are going to have rubbing issues. May have to break out the heat gun and remold sections of the wheel well liner.

Alter Ego Trip

Reaction score
I think if you do 3” in the front, you are going to have rubbing issues. May have to break out the heat gun and remold sections of the wheel well liner.
It's hard to say. Ram says a 4wd is only a tenth of an inch higher than a 2wd, but I swear I have way more fender gap than 2wds do (I don't have org). I'm fine with a 2" drop if I have less fender gap than what I think I will.

ridetech_ben

Reaction score
Ben, I do have a question about drop. RT states 2" drop in front is optimal, even though it is capable of 3" in the front. Is this due to the engineers just trying to keep shock within the optimal travel range, or is there something else at play here? I am shooting for a 3/4 setup, but don't want a super crappy ride if the front is not optimal at 3".

Also, are there any issue with the additional E torque weight and your spring rating?
Hi Alter, yes, 2" is optimal for shock height and then recommended compression travel. If you ran it a little lower, you would be looking at potentially rubbing inner fender, bottoming out, etc. over "normal" driving conditions. Ride quality would still be maintained (minimal difference) as long as it is not bottoming or rubbing.

As far as spring rate, that is the benefit of adjustable coilovers. A little more preload and good to go. The weight difference was not enough for us to increase spring rate in our opinion!

Alter Ego Trip

Reaction score
Hi Alter, yes, 2" is optimal for shock height and then recommended compression travel. If you ran it a little lower, you would be looking at potentially rubbing inner fender, bottoming out, etc. over "normal" driving conditions. Ride quality would still be maintained (minimal difference) as long as it is not bottoming or rubbing.

As far as spring rate, that is the benefit of adjustable coilovers. A little more preload and good to go. The weight difference was not enough for us to increase spring rate in our opinion!

Thanks Ben. It's odd because I swear this Ram has considerably more fender clearance than any of my past Rams (no ORG). I'll start with 2" and adjust from there if necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread