5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any recommendations for installing extra hooks inside truck bed?

rtslab

Reaction score
My 2021 ram 1500 comes with spray in bed liner with 4 hooks pre-installed at the bottom of truck bed. I want to add four more hooks at the top. I read some posts here and it seems Bull Ring 1066 will only fit the front but not the rear since the rear holes are slightly smaller than front(I did the measurement and confirmed that is true).

Does anyone here have any recommendations for anchors or mounts which can fit the rear holes? I took a picture here for both front and rear of truck bed for comparison purpose.

Thanks!

Attachments

• RAM1500_TruckbedwithLiner_HolesHooks2.png
    RAM1500_TruckbedwithLiner_HolesHooks2.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 156

Boston

Reaction score
My 2021 ram 1500 comes with spray in bed liner with 4 hooks pre-installed at the bottom of truck bed. I want to add four more hooks at the top. I read some posts here and it seems Bull Ring 1066 will only fit the front but not the rear since the rear holes are slightly smaller than front(I did the measurement and confirmed that is true).

Does anyone here have any recommendations for anchors or mounts which can fit the rear holes? I took a picture here for both front and rear of truck bed for comparison purpose.

Thanks!

Why not get the rail system?

Curlymurt

Reaction score
Why not get the rail system?
Rtslab, I can't answer the question but I do second the rail system. I've used it more than I ever thought and it hasn't been in the way when loading tools or other gear. I actually usually have a couple punch style straps running bar to bar to act as my dividers.

DjRebel

Reaction score
Thank you both for your comments! I do agree installing rail system makes more sense and I just placed the order for the rails.
Mind sharing the link? Does it require any drilling in the existing bed liner?

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Mind sharing the link? Does it require any drilling in the existing bed liner?

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
The picture in post 1 shows a sprayed in liner. That has created problems when installing the rivnuts for the rails. The rivnuts are hexagonal in shape as are the holes in the bed liner. The shape helps hold the rivnuts with the installation. The bed liner material will need to be removed from the holes. There is another posting for the rails.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Here are 2 previous threads on the rails to give you an idea of installation.

see post 61

Last edited:

PLRX

Reaction score
I purchased four 1066 bullrings, then I got the bed lined-X. The top front holes worked great for the 1066s, but the rear holes are a bit too small. Tomorrow I will grind 1/32 at the time until they fit.

Yes, you have to remove the screw for it to fit.

Atlantic Blue

Reaction score
i'm way late but bullring makes hooks for the front and the back. Many members including my self use bullrings front and back.

RBJ

Reaction score
After installing the rail system, you can easily add more cleats availability from Amazon that actually are OEM parts for Toyota Tundra and Tacoma and fit perfectly on my 2021 Ram Longhorn:

PFCC PT278-35112 Bed Cleat for 2005-2015 Toyota Tacoma and Tundra (2)​

PFCC Replacement for Mini Tie-Down with Hooks Tacoma & Tundra PT278-35075 - 4PCS or, 2PCS.​

Quint

Reaction score
I ordered the 5066 Bull Ring and installed a set in my rear stake pockets. I had to cut a little of the stake pocket but who cares? They look and work great!
bull ring.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread