5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any problems/issues with the 2019 Rebels?

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Ohhhh , I wasn’t aware of that . When I bought mine they only had crew cabs to choose from so I didn’t get to see any quad cabs .

LincolnSixAlpha

Reaction score
What’s everyone’s thoughts on the V6 19’ Rebel? I drove one and was impressed... had you not told me it was a V6 I would’ve guessed it was a V8 with similar power to my 18’ Silverado 5.3L V8
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The v6 sits around 265HP/275 Torque or something like that. I traded into a 2020 RAM Rebel out of a 2018 JL Wrangler with that very same V6. The Wrangler would struggle to keep 8th gear on slight inclines with 35" tires rolling on the highway. For me, I feel that it's an entirely underpowered motor, in particular for a truck. Run with it if you know your limitations, however, I'm very much entirely happy with my non E-Torque 5.7 Hemi.

My guess that unladen, the motor may feel fine, however, throw some weight on the truck and you'll soon realize the limitations of that engine. Just my 2 cents worth anyhow.

dodge360

Reaction score
The v6 sits around 265HP/275 Torque or something like that. I traded into a 2020 RAM Rebel out of a 2018 JL Wrangler with that very same V6. The Wrangler would struggle to keep 8th gear on slight inclines with 35" tires rolling on the highway. For me, I feel that it's an entirely underpowered motor, in particular for a truck. Run with it if you know your limitations, however, I'm very much entirely happy with my non E-Torque 5.7 Hemi.

My guess that unladen, the motor may feel fine, however, throw some weight on the truck and you'll soon realize the limitations of that engine. Just my 2 cents worth anyhow.

I do agree that wranglers feel gutless... do you know what axle ratios they typically put in wranglers? The 3.92 with the 8 speed trans and V6 feels good (not as good as the V8 obviously lol)

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Did not know those. Thanks for the info. Do they at least have power folding mirrors?
Yes they have power folding mirrors , heated mirrors , heated steering wheel , heated seats , etc etc
It won't have power folding mirrors if it's equipped with the tow mirrors, which automatically come with the tow package.

LincolnSixAlpha

Reaction score
I do agree that wranglers feel gutless... do you know what axle ratios they typically put in wranglers? The 3.92 with the 8 speed trans and V6 feels good (not as good as the V8 obviously lol)

I had the Rubicon, so mine was 4.10's, of course as you mention the RAMs have access to the 3.92 axles, as my Rebel does, but to be honest, I couldn't be more happy to be outta that V6, and into my 5.7. I can tell you for sure the gas mileage in that Wrangler Rubicon with that v6 was abysmal and my unmodified RAM Rebel could easily compete with my previous Wrangler Rubicon in unmodified form when it comes to MPG. And with my 35's on the Rubicon, I was seeing @ best around 16MPG.

As for the other Wranglers, I believe the Sport's and Sahara's come with 3.45's or maybe 3.73's or something thereabouts as memory serves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online