5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any Limited 22" Owners with WHEEL Spacers?

starbai

Reaction score
I've read that the front wheels sit in further than the rear, so it makes sense to do something like a 1.25" spacer up front and a 1" spacer in the rear. Or a 1.5" up front and a 1.25" rear. My goal is to flush our the side wall of the tire with the body of the truck. To do this, I think the 1.25/1" combo would work. What I do not know is whether the pockets in the wheels are deep enough to fit the truck's studs with only a 1" spacer in the rear.

If you've got the 22" wheels and wheel spacers, please post pics or share your experience? I'm fine with going with a quality Bora spacer, I'm just torn since I don't know for sure if the wheel will hit the truck's studs.

realralfy

Reaction score
I've read that the front wheels sit in further than the rear, so it makes sense to do something like a 1.25" spacer up front and a 1" spacer in the rear. Or a 1.5" up front and a 1.25" rear. My goal is to flush our the side wall of the tire with the body of the truck. To do this, I think the 1.25/1" combo would work. What I do not know is whether the pockets in the wheels are deep enough to fit the truck's studs with only a 1" spacer in the rear.

If you've got the 22" wheels and wheel spacers, please post pics or share your experience? I'm fine with going with a quality Bora spacer, I'm just torn since I don't know for sure if the wheel will hit the truck's studs.
They do sit in a bit further in the rear, but you would want the larger spacer on the rear, not the front to compensate for that...

starbai

Reaction score
Right. Sorry I mixed it up.

But, question remains. Will the wheel accept the studs if only 1" separate the wheel from the hub?

realralfy

Reaction score
Right. Sorry I mixed it up.

But, question remains. Will the wheel accept the studs if only 1" separate the wheel from the hub?
Should be fine. I have 1” Bora spacers on the front and 1.25” Bora spacers on the rear, on factory 20’s....works perfect. Cant imagine they won’t work on the factory 22’s....

Dave_Drums

Reaction score
I’ll tell you tomorrow weather permitting. Have 2” spacers waiting to be installed. Make sure you get hubcentric spacers. As for the stock studs you’ll be using those to attach the spacers. Then the spacer has bolts that will become the new threads to mount the tire to

Attachments

• B1A566EA-B6D8-458A-9AB0-DBE621049CD5.jpeg
    B1A566EA-B6D8-458A-9AB0-DBE621049CD5.jpeg
    120.9 KB · Views: 61

Jayturk

Reaction score
Did you have to grind down the studs when you installed the 1” spacers?

Dave_Drums

Reaction score
Did you have to grind down the studs when you installed the 1” spacers?
No, these are 2” spacers. The look is perfect but have to be honest, wish I would have gone 1” or 1.5” possibly. I had to trim the liners and zip tie them back. But it’s a small deal that no one would ever notice. Just something to keep in mind

Users who are viewing this thread