5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any lifts for the V6?

DocNash

Reaction score
Yes, I got the V6, better mpg for commuting, blah blah blah. But I wanna lift it and go with 35x12.5R18 or 285/75R18. I wanted to go with Rough Country’s 3.5” lift, but the customer service rep said that a couple things that don’t seem right:

1. The N3 & M1 struts are set up for the Hemi, a heavier motor, and could cause it to look squatted with the lighter v6. The M1’s are adjustable, so that MIGHT fix the issue, but no guarantee.
2. Even with the 3.5” spacers, 33’s would be the largest I could run

Would the Mopar 2” lift work for my desired tire size? Has anyone ran the RC lift on the v6? Will 35’s work? Prefer not to have to trim anything.

skyhawk42

Reaction score
I also have the v6 and was looking into the rough country until I found out the preloaded struts wouldn’t work. I ended up doing the Motofab 3” front 2” rear. It clears my 35x12.50x20s with minor mods to the inner fender, no trimming, but I don’t feel my ride quality is as good as factory. If they had a preloaded strut I probably would have went that route. Kind of considering the bilsteins, but so many mixed reviews on ride quality I’m not sure if I’ll do it or not.

DocNash

Reaction score
I also have the v6 and was looking into the rough country until I found out the preloaded struts wouldn’t work. I ended up doing the Motofab 3” front 2” rear. It clears my 35x12.50x20s with minor mods to the inner fender, no trimming, but I don’t feel my ride quality is as good as factory. If they had a preloaded strut I probably would have went that route. Kind of considering the bilsteins, but so many mixed reviews on ride quality I’m not sure if I’ll do it or not.
I had bilsteins on my 17 Ram 1500, LOVED the ride. Also had 35’s. Bought the truck with 10k miles, so not sure if it had spacers as well or not

RX9790

Reaction score
I have the RC 2" on my V6 and it lifted it 2.5". There is only about a 200lb weight difference on the Hemi, not enough to matter. Been on there for 4k miles now. Also used the RC UCA.

Users who are viewing this thread