5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any ideas what this sound could be?

Tesla

Reaction score
(video of noise) Over the last few days, my truck will make some kind of gargling tick type sound for a few seconds when its at a lower speed until I press the gas pedal then it goes away. Kinda hard to hear in the video, but if you listen closely you will notice it

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
listened...can't hear anything weird even with my ear against the speaker, sorry.

Mudstone

Reaction score
Our RAM made some 'noise' or whatever I think in 4th gear. I upgraded to Octane 91 (from 89) and it went away!

Tesla

Reaction score
Same... I have headphones on and hear nothing out of the ordinary.
It's a faint sound in the background on the video, didn't pick it up that well, but it is louder in person. Its like a ticking sound as I start slowing down and coasting that goes away after I accelerate

Last edited:

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
hmm...I would go around and check every tire for a nail or screw . When you have a nail or screw in the tire, it makes a slight tick-tick-tick at slow speed, but goes away when you start moving faster.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I really can't tell anything from the video.

A common problem is broken exhaust bolts. Do a search on here and you will see, perhaps that is what you are hearing. It would tick more at low rpm and blend together as you speed up.

CCA

Reaction score
Not being smart at all friend but I can literally only hear a wind sound. Is it a added whirring noise on the road that sounds like wind we are supposed to be hearing? If so, what kind of tires do you have on your truck & size?

Tesla

Reaction score
Not being smart at all friend but I can literally only hear a wind sound. Is it a added whirring noise on the road that sounds like wind we are supposed to be hearing? If so, what kind of tires do you have on your truck & size?

It’s very hard to hear it in the video, but it sounds like a gurgling / ticking noise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tesla

Reaction score
I really can't tell anything from the video.

A common problem is broken exhaust bolts. Do a search on here and you will see, perhaps that is what you are hearing. It would tick more at low rpm and blend together as you speed up.

Your explanation sounds like what’s happening, so I’ll have to check them out, thanks!

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Your explanation sounds like what’s happening, so I’ll have to check them out, thanks!

Try this one and see if it might apply. Just a suggestion.

Users who are viewing this thread