5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any Ideas? 2019 Limited 12 inch replaced = more issues

Bluesuitmatt

Reaction score
I am hoping that there is someone out there who is familiar with the issues I am having.

I bought my 2019 Ram 1500 limited 1 year ago. In July of last year I had an issue with the unit that was very basic and may have been by user error. After 5 days at the dealership I decided to take advantage of XMGuardian to see if they had moved it and they had not.<I did not disclose that information to the dealer> When I inquired it was immediately said there was an issue with radio. They ordered a new one for install in 2 weeks. It happened as planned but now I know ISSUES....

1. After the radio change the imei number of unit and other ota identification changes occurred. I didn't get the much help from my dealer. I called RamCares and if ended up with a Uconnect Case Manager who has not responded to my most recent emails. Apparently there is a software issue that is keeping the flow of the new info into systems that are run by both XM and Stallantis. There was an ota that they thought would fix it but I was told it did not. Then communication ended.

My question is if the imei etc are not flowing through either system how can I receive anything OTA?

I have talked with XM Guardian and seems the number can manually be input through the Star System. Anyone familiar with the process called a "star case". My dealer is not.

I haven't been back to the dealer. I don't know how to approach them again because now I changed my battery today and camera system is gone. I have read about those issues. Most fall back to the ota problem I suggested that may or may not be correct.

Nbt22555

Reaction score
try to download and install pr39.7 software fixed all my problems i had with all my guardian and travellink issues

Bluesuitmatt

Reaction score
try to download and install pr39.7 software fixed all my problems i had with all my guardian and travellink issues
Where do I find the the files to download. Like I said I don't have a dealer who is very well versed in the uconnect system.

Users who are viewing this thread