5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any idea when a true 2500 5th gen comes out?

Howitis

Reaction score
2500 has a 5th gen front end but the rest of the body looks like the 4th gens. any ideas when they will update?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Considering they just came out last year, I’d venture to say at least another 2-3 years minimum. Agree with you though, bummer they kept the old cab style. A good buddy of mine got a 2500 (crew, not mega), and while nice, my 1500 cab is noticeably larger. Also, they don’t offer pano roofs, and have less headroom in the rear.

Pretty disappointed, considering Super Duties now share cabs with the F150s.

Howitis

Reaction score
I hope you're wrong! I have a 2019 1500 so i can wait. I saw a you tuber claiming they would be out in 21, but you can't believe youtubers.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Yeah, take that with a grain of sea salt ;).
I hope I’m wrong as well btw.

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The five year plan FCA put out shows it coming in 2022. For whatever reason, all the dates seem to get delayed so who knows. It’s been frustrating on the slow pace of new models and the constant postponement and cancellation. I know the refreshed 2500 had gotten good reviews but I find it ridiculous that they didn’t go a little further and put the new 5th gen body and better rear seat/cab space into it. Unfortunately just like Mercedes stole all Chrysler’s money and rebuilt their entire line up while starving and cheapened the Chrysler and Dodge brands, FCA has been doing the same thing.

Boston

Reaction score
Whatever is the date for the next update on HD, its got to include replacing the Aisin with something with more gears and therefore helping mpg.

Users who are viewing this thread