5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any Husky wheel well liner install tips?

ToolJunkie

Reaction score
Trying to install a pair of Husky rear wheel well liners (part number 79211) in my 2022 Laramie. I had the hardest time getting the liner pushed back enough to slip the tabs behind the factory fender flare lip. So far only one liner is installed. Instructions say to tuck in the lower tabs behind the fender lip first then the top tabs. The last tab is the toughest to force back enough to slip behind the fender flare.

To top it off, once I got all the tabs behind the fender flare lip, the two holes in the back of liner do not align with the holes in the frame and the liner won't budge to align the holes.

Any tips on making the installation easier?

What if I leave off the the screw and push lock pin that secure the back of the liner? Will the screws securing the fender flares be enough to hold the liner in place?

Attachments

• 20220218_193458.jpg
    20220218_193458.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 66

ToolJunkie

Reaction score
Just to close the issue, I contacted Husky and sent pictures of the issues. Here's what they said -

"We are currently having some issues with this purchased item.
We are working on fixing this issue, but engineers did recommend returning the product for a refund in the meantime.
We apologize for any inconvenience.
It will take a few months to re-create the mold, re-fit the part, and verify if it fits the Mudguards."

Hopefully this will save someone else a lot of time and grief.

Nova90

Reaction score
Wow, sounds like they screwed up their development/quality controls efforts and produced a product that does not fit the intended application.

ToolJunkie

Reaction score
Yes, my first hint was the back holes not lining up. On the second liner I compared the hole specing between the liner and the truck. Off by about 5/8" which explained why they wouldn't align. I got my neighbor to help while I pushed up on the liner from under the truck and he aligned one set of holes and pushed in the lock pin. Had to elongate the other hole and once we got that set of holes to align and secured the back, the front of the liner pulled out from under the lip on the fender flare. That's when I contacted Husky support. Hindsight tells me I should have bought Mopar at twice the price from the dealer. If you're ordering a truck, its best to order them factory installed at half the cost of the parts department. Don't understand why its even an option.

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, my first hint was the back holes not lining up. On the second liner I compared the hole specing between the liner and the truck. Off by about 5/8" which explained why they wouldn't align. I got my neighbor to help while I pushed up on the liner from under the truck and he aligned one set of holes and pushed in the lock pin. Had to elongate the other hole and once we got that set of holes to align and secured the back, the front of the liner pulled out from under the lip on the fender flare. That's when I contacted Husky support. Hindsight tells me I should have bought Mopar at twice the price from the dealer. If you're ordering a truck, its best to order them factory installed at half the cost of the parts department. Don't understand why its even an option.
you could also order them from a Mopar store online for 15 to 20% off. Or ask your local dealership if they will give you a discount on the parts, most will and you save on shipping also!

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I do, and sure, it just puzzles into the pocket. Not sure if they would work with the newer Mopar Splash Guards with the foam insert. I'll go get a pic in a few.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I second RC. Just installed mine a couple nights ago. They are a PITA, but fit perfect.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

ToolJunkie

Reaction score
Or Rough Country, they are still a PITA to install, but they do fit well once installed, plus half the cost of factory.
View attachment 121536
Are the mud flapsfrom
Or Rough Country, they are still a PITA to install, but they do fit well once installed, plus half the cost of factory.
View attachment 121536
Are the mud flaps from Rough Country as well? I already have the Husky mud flaps and I'm outside the return window for Amazon. They didn't fit with the Husky liners. Thinking they were designed for factory liners.

Wandering Wheel

Reaction score
This is great info. For some reason liners don't come standard on a Laramie so I'm going to pick some up. I think I will emulate GARebel19's setup.

ToolJunkie

Reaction score
This is great info. For some reason liners don't come standard on a Laramie so I'm going to pick some up. I think I will emulate GARebel19's setup.
I ended up getting the Mopar liners and had the dealer install them. They were actually cheaper than the Husky ones by ordering them through Mopar.com and picking up at the dealer. If you install them yourself be sure to watch the YouTube video. There are some details that are not in the instructions that came with the liners. The Husky mud flaps fit the Mopar liners just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread