5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TDHawks

Reaction score
Found a set of Method MR316 18x9” +18 offset 6x5.5 wrapped in 295/70r18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3. 10k miles on them for $2k.

I have a 1.8" lift in the front for an even rake. Will the 18's be too snug next to the calipers to make this work? Do I need a small wheel spacer?

Truck came with 22" wheels, not sure if that matters when comparing components with a standard 20" factory wheel.

Thanks.

CatDaddy66

Reaction score
I'm going to say the rims won't work. Usually going down in size is not an option, let alone going from 22's to 18's. as you said brake caliper clearance is the issue.

TDHawks

Reaction score
I'm going to say the rims won't work. Usually going down in size is not an option, let alone going from 22's to 18's. as you said brake caliper clearance is the issue.

That was what I was thinking too. Bummer.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All trims have the same sizevcalipers and rotors. So factory 18” Wheels and factory 22” wheels are interchangeable. Did wheels come off a 5th Gen Ram (the ones you are thinking about purchasing)?

TDHawks

Reaction score
All trims have the same sizevcalipers and rotors. So factory 18” Wheels and factory 22” wheels are interchangeable. Did wheels come off a 5th Gen Ram (the ones you are thinking about purchasing)?
It stated came off a 2019.

Vulpes

Reaction score
Looks like the Method 316 has a 5.75" backspacing which might hit the UCA. Try giving Method a call on Monday and ask if they fit.

Also, 18" rims will fit our 5th gen Rams. I put aftermarket 18" rims on, and when I bought them the company was really concerned they might hit the calipers on the front. They were close with about 1/4" at the closest spot. So I "machined" the casting flash off the calipers with a right angle grinder and have had no rubbing at all.

MarvsAMartian

Reaction score
I've literally done this on my 2020 Sport and my current Limited. Both had factory 22's and I use factory Rebel 18's for my winter setup. No issues. Only possible problem I've been made aware of is the balancing weights may rub on the calipers so that may be what you're referring to?

Users who are viewing this thread