5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any good way of sealing tailgate?

fxdrider

Reaction score
Has anyone found a good way of sealing the tailgate so that water doesn't leak in? Particularly the cavernous spaces at the top between the tailgate and the sidewalls. I tried one of the ESI seal kits, but it didn't even come close to filling those gaps at the top. I have a BakFlip MX4 tonneau that works great. Only point of failure is the tailgate.

vinnieloo

Reaction score
20200621_124324.jpg
Here is the underside of my Lomax tonneau. Top left is some weatherstripping that meets the tonneau's seal. You can also see my other problem spot where the bed side protudes out where i sloped the weatherstripping away from the bed. Dry after these mods.

fxdrider

Reaction score
View attachment 137410
Here is the underside of my Lomax tonneau. Top left is some weatherstripping that meets the tonneau's seal. You can also see my other problem spot where the bed side protudes out where i sloped the weatherstripping away from the bed. Dry after these mods.
Thanks. I'll give that a try.

Ticker

Reaction score
View attachment 137410
Where did you get that weatherstripping?

Users who are viewing this thread