5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any experience with Rough Country 6" Lift?

PikePatrol

Reaction score
Hello,

I have done a lot of research on lift kits for my 2021 Ram Rebel and narrowed it down to the Rough Country 6" Coilover lift kit with the upgraded Vertex shocks in the front and rear. I was wondering if anyone here has had any experience with these lifts and shocks and would recommend the kit. I was also looking at the BDS 6" Coilover kit as well. The almost 5k price tag with the upgrade UCA's is a bit much for me but you get what you pay for as well. I don't plan on doing too crazy off-roading, mostly to get to my dirt bike riding spots. I will be using my 30' camper trailer a few times a year on our camping trips as well. If the truck squats a lot ill probably add an airlift system in the rear end to help. I figured I can save some money and go with the RC kit and use the saved money on wheels and tires.

someguy

Reaction score
@ArtieD installed the spacer only Rough Country 6" with 37s on factory 20" wheels and says its great. He gave me lots of great info. I'll let him chime in here if he gets this.

ArtieD

Reaction score
Hello,

I have done a lot of research on lift kits for my 2021 Ram Rebel and narrowed it down to the Rough Country 6" Coilover lift kit with the upgraded Vertex shocks in the front and rear. I was wondering if anyone here has had any experience with these lifts and shocks and would recommend the kit. I was also looking at the BDS 6" Coilover kit as well. The almost 5k price tag with the upgrade UCA's is a bit much for me but you get what you pay for as well. I don't plan on doing too crazy off-roading, mostly to get to my dirt bike riding spots. I will be using my 30' camper trailer a few times a year on our camping trips as well. If the truck squats a lot ill probably add an airlift system in the rear end to help. I figured I can save some money and go with the RC kit and use the saved money on wheels and tires.
Hows it Going I did the rough country 6" lift with spacer s with and other than light towing uhaul and 18000 miles , the ride is better than factory, I used to say " that cant be "when other people say it, but the larger tires make that ride better ,I drove 9 trips South Carolina to NY 1 trip Florida the ride is amazing,
I was originally quoted 4600 that was for the lift with 2" wheel spacers , but i did not want a wide stance , so he tinted the windows and gave me 200 back and some money for the tires they were new, was it worth it yes ,
i have the 37 in nitto ridge grapplers on stock wheels no rubbing what so ever, had to take the stock front flaps off ,it turns tight with the kit , it lifts the truck so the geometry stays the same and just the taller knuckles are replace so you can keep the stock UCA s, other than that you can get as crazy as you want with adding coilovers but y the ride is great its basically stock ride! everyone is always asking me questions on it when I am out , you dont lose it in the parking lot because its usaually the tallest in the lot
the lift is 6" but with tires it came out to 10 1/2 " higher than stock stock was 36" ground to fender , now its dead on 46 1/2 inces at all four wheels which i was happy about , it works for me ! and the amps steps are great !

201.jpg 1222.jpg

Last edited:

LITTLEREBEL

Reaction score
I think rough country has stepped it up in the quality department, because so many people are happy with their lifts.

Users who are viewing this thread