5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any Experience With Ironman 4x4 Suspension?

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ironman 4x4 has a couple of stores that have opened up in my area and I swung by to check them out the other day. Seems like decent stuff, but before the stores opening I had never heard of them so who knows....Ironman offers some suspension parts to include springs, shocks and UCA. Curious if anyone has any experience with them? Kinda wish the springs came in something other than fluorescent green.

397STROKER

Reaction score
I have seen some of their stuff online but no experience.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not used them myself, but they were well liked by the Nissan guys when I had my Frontier.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Seems like the Tacoma guys like them also.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
yota guys like them too. I had installed a few sets on a few yota/ Lexus vehicles and their fit and finish and quality are decent.

I'd say if you are looking to get bilstein 5100s then go with the ironman foamcell instead. better upgrade with more fluid capacity and better ride quality.
don't do the nitro shocks; Bilsteins are better in that department.

Ironman originates from the land down under, and has experiences of offroading and overlanding. Their foam cell technology is even used in Australian military vehicles, iirc.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Interesting...thanks all. Seems they are pretty new to the big truck category. @boogielander, I am not sure they compare to the 5100's. I would think maybe something more higher end as they are $400 ea for the front and $300 ea for the rears. Their full lift kit for the DS Ram with UCR's, springs, shocks and sway bar links is $3000. I would think maybe Fox or Icon's perhaps? Do you think they are in the same class as other kits that are around $3000?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ironman 4x4 has a couple of stores that have opened up in my area and I swung by to check them out the other day. Seems like decent stuff, but before the stores opening I had never heard of them so who knows....Ironman offers some suspension parts to include springs, shocks and UCA. Curious if anyone has any experience with them? Kinda wish the springs came in something other than fluorescent green.

Not hard to change color with Powdercoating

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No...thought about that too. Just add another hundred bucks or so 😂 I think I will swing by their shop this weekend and chat with them.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No...thought about that too. Just add another hundred bucks or so 😂 I think I will swing by their shop this weekend and chat with them.
Should be able to get them both coated for under $100. Get them added on with another item doing the same color so shop isn't changing colors in the guns

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would get them black so that should be pretty easy to do too since I imagine black is one of the most common colors.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m not sure about his other stuff, but for all of his Jeep stuff, it is some of the best in the market!! Definitely worth watching his YouTube videos to get a feel for his products. Amazing stuff. Hopefully it has translated well into the truck world.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Interesting...thanks all. Seems they are pretty new to the big truck category. @boogielander, I am not sure they compare to the 5100's. I would think maybe something more higher end as they are $400 ea for the front and $300 ea for the rears. Their full lift kit for the DS Ram with UCR's, springs, shocks and sway bar links is $3000. I would think maybe Fox or Icon's perhaps? Do you think they are in the same class as other kits that are around $3000?
performance wise they are right in between 5100 (on the low end) to Icons (on the higher end, not that icons are good or anything. they're overly expensive unreliable trash that I've seen and heard too many failures of). They are nowhere near Fox or King in terms of performance.

pricing wise as you've mentioned they are up there. HOWEVER, I would still choose these over 5100s because they do hold more suspension fluid and rides more comfortable. Yes, they use "yoga mats" in their shocks (I'm glad you found Tinkerer's channel, it is very informative about IFS and he uses quite scientific methods to test things, but just know that he's not entirely accurate when it comes to solid axles in his other videos), but the truth is, even with yoga mats as "foam cells," they do ride a lot better than 5100s when going down the trail.
However, it seems like for DT they only offer front and rear shocks, and UCA. No spring, sway bar links are included. My Fox 2.5 kit with Carli UCA, end links, and springs ended up costing me about $4K or so at cost, but that is well worth the price tag when I'm hitting the trail going 50-60MPH.

To answer your question if I think they are in the same class as other kits that are around $3000, i would say they are the only kit I can think of at this price. Kings paired with UCA and adjusters are over $4k, without adjusters are about $3600 without rear springs and end links. My Fox at MSRP is over $5k. I do think Ironman is the perfect middle ground here if your budget is limited $3k budget. However, if you can save up more then I'd say go King or Fox, and make sure you get the kit with adjusters. You'll thank me later when you hit the trails.

Oh, just know this: ironman 4x4 has deals quite often. Last year they had a lot of 25% off sales. Right now they are running 10% off with free air compressor.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you for all that info. It is extremely helpful. I did play around with their configurator. I think it needs some database updates because if you choose 2021 you get various spring options, shocks, and UCA's. You don't get the full kit or sway bar links but maybe the DS will fit the DT's. Putting the whole kit together is about the same price.

I am thinking hard about pulling the trigger next time they have the 25% off deals. I kinda like being a little different and these seem like they are just what you said...good middle ground.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you for all that info. It is extremely helpful. I did play around with their configurator. I think it needs some database updates because if you choose 2021 you get various spring options, shocks, and UCA's. You don't get the full kit or sway bar links but maybe the DS will fit the DT's. Putting the whole kit together is about the same price.

I am thinking hard about pulling the trigger next time they have the 25% off deals. I kinda like being a little different and these seem like they are just what you said...good middle ground.
yeap just wait. be sure to sign up for their emails too. If you're getting into overlanding or camping, their camping gears are decent as well.

nickm

Reaction score
I have the Ironman foam cell pro and comfort springs on my 2020 Ram with ORP. I like them as they provide a small lift and comfortable ride on and off road. I’ve had remote reservoir shocks in the past and I’d say it’s my experience these are equal in ride comfort and quality without the maintenance.

carbonfold

Reaction score
I have the Ironman foam cell pro and comfort springs on my 2020 Ram with ORP. I like them as they provide a small lift and comfortable ride on and off road. I’ve had remote reservoir shocks in the past and I’d say it’s my experience these are equal in ride comfort and quality without the maintenance.

Which springs did you go with (1.5, 2.0 or 2.5)? Any photos or measurements? I'm on the fence with their springs (lack of product support from rep) but I did order the front struts. I haven't installed them yet but will once I figure out what springs I end up with.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Which springs did you go with (1.5, 2.0 or 2.5)? Any photos or measurements? I'm on the fence with their springs (lack of product support from rep) but I did order the front struts. I haven't installed them yet but will once I figure out what springs I end up with.
go with that one less headache for you.

Front spring: heavy load if you have winch and bumper. medium load if you have nothing or just a winch.
Rear spring: heavy load if you have roof tent, bed rack, and drawer. Medium load if you have nothing or just a drawer and bed rack.

rn they're having 25% sale. also i just noticed they have bumpers and skids available for our trucks now. those were NOT on the site last time i checked.

carbonfold

Reaction score
go with that one less headache for you.

Front spring: heavy load if you have winch and bumper. medium load if you have nothing or just a winch.
Rear spring: heavy load if you have roof tent, bed rack, and drawer. Medium load if you have nothing or just a drawer and bed rack.

rn they're having 25% sale. also i just noticed they have bumpers and skids available for our trucks now. those were NOT on the site last time i checked.

Ramboxes, DB HD Cover, oversized full sized spare and a slew of other things complicates somethings a bit. Doesn't help I'm also a bit picky how I prefer the ride and the look of the ride. I already have the struts so I can cross out getting the kit and I’ve researched plenty in the suspension category.

If going straight off the kit, 2 inches would only yield me another 1 inch in the front and maybe .5 inch in the rear (ORP & Ramboxes). I'm wanting at least 2.5 in the front total so I'm guessing the 2 inch would be lacking and I don't want the *** to look saggy. So I don't mind the headache and research. It is a bit disappointing that Ironman doesn't know much about their own product for the DT. Responses are a bit lackadaisical and not exactly reflective of their website. It’s whatever as I still plan on rolling with their system but the springs can be a bit of a mystery. What the individual springs state vs what is in the RoW catalogs/kit contents specs are slightly worded differently. Which leads to the confusion.

The more photos and other member’s experiences on the product the better. Ironman sure doesn’t offer much….

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ramboxes, DB HD Cover, oversized full sized spare and a slew of other things complicates somethings a bit. Doesn't help I'm also a bit picky how I prefer the ride and the look of the ride. I already have the struts so I can cross out getting the kit and I’ve researched plenty in the suspension category.

If going straight off the kit, 2 inches would only yield me another 1 inch in the front and maybe .5 inch in the rear (ORP & Ramboxes). I'm wanting at least 2.5 in the front total so I'm guessing the 2 inch would be lacking and I don't want the *** to look saggy. So I don't mind the headache and research. It is a bit disappointing that Ironman doesn't know much about their own product for the DT. Responses are a bit lackadaisical and not exactly reflective of their website. It’s whatever as I still plan on rolling with their system but the springs can be a bit of a mystery. What the individual springs state vs what is in the RoW catalogs/kit contents specs are slightly worded differently. Which leads to the confusion.

The more photos and other member’s experiences on the product the better. Ironman sure doesn’t offer much….
they're australian company and to be fair Ram application is new so I highly doubt they've put each and every item on and take measurements, especially for springs.

so you want 2.5 in addition to the ORP height? or 2.5 compared to non-orp? sorry im a bit confused lol

Users who are viewing this thread