5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any difference between 2020/2021 headlight designs?

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There is a set of LED aftermarket headlights that I have been looking at, but vendor says it doesn't fit a 2021 Bighorn. 19-20 models only.
Is the vendor yanking me, or was there an actual difference? Anyone with a 2020 ever install these lights?
They look pretty close to OEM, and helluva lot cheaper. Actually found one guy with an unused set for cheaper. But I know, I know...You get what you pay for, right?!?!??
Just curious, because that seems odd that it wouldn't fit.

ZombieSlayer

Reaction score
As this has been asked and answered before in a couple of threads, I'm just going to link a couple of them for you to read. There is also a lot of other information in those threads you will need to know.

Short answer is no, longer answer is that you need more then just the headlights (harness and a way to program them either dealer or dyi with alfaobd and required parts)

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As this has been asked and answered before in a couple of threads, I'm just going to link a couple of them for you to read. There is also a lot of other information in those threads you will need to know.

Short answer is no, longer answer is that you need more then just the headlights (harness and a way to program them either dealer or dyi with alfaobd and required parts)

Thanks.
I do have an OBDII interface and AlphaOBD, so would just need the harness if and when I pull the trigger.
I was more inquiring about mounting tabs, different wiring setup, change in design from manufacturer, etc.
Am aware of the extras needed to make it work, but was just curious why a fixture for a 2020 wouldn’t fit on a 2021, and if there was any changes between the model years that makes it incompatible, or if the vendor has no idea what he’s talking about?

ZombieSlayer

Reaction score
Most likely they just don't have a 2022 to test it on. A lot of stuff says it won't work on the '22s simply because they don't have one to test with.

TMADERAM623

Reaction score
Hey any chance you could give me a call real quick. For some reason my obd scan tool won’t connect with afla app. What am I doing wrong. I have the everything connected. Truck on run scan too is on. Went to the app hit Bluetooth selected the scan tool and it just says connecting
313-778-2869 Brandon

Users who are viewing this thread