5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any dealer addons worth purchasing

Trueblood

Reaction score
After much pain I have negotiated the price on a new Laramie Sport and the dealer is in the process of trading for it. I'd like to be fully prepared before I got into the back office and talk about all the extra stuff they can offer. Is there anything I should even consider? If so what kind of price should I be able to negotiate for? Guess I'm asking about extended warranty or protection packages, etc. I have purchased these in the past with mixed results, however the internet seems to suggest they are almost always not worth it. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

If there is a good thread on this already feel free to point me to it, I didn't see anything with a search.

TVANVA

Reaction score
IMHO, you could separate these into "don't need it" and "might need it" items.

For sure the "don't need it" ones would be the "paint protection" and "fabric protection" schemes/shams, along with the "VIN number etching" (unless maybe you live in a high vehicle theft area). This is the area where the dealer gets all your painfully negotiated savings right back.

The "might need it" category would be the extended warranty. This is a personal, individual call depending on your needs and state of mind (i.e. how long I'm going to keep my truck, do I have concerns about the electrical/mechanical complexity of the truck, etc.) Absolutely, go fully armed with printed quotes from the on-line sellers of Mopar factory warranties, and see how the back office reacts. If you have already decided ahead of time you want an extended warranty, then the crazy, pressured sales pitch gets totally deflated down to "can you beat this price or not". This way, you have the upper hand, not them. Just make sure the dealer is offering the exact same Mopar factory warranty, not a third party one, or Mopar, but with different terms (i.e. deductible).

Be fully prepared, and leave the back office with a smile on your face instead of regrets.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
After much pain I have negotiated the price on a new Laramie Sport and the dealer is in the process of trading for it. I'd like to be fully prepared before I got into the back office and talk about all the extra stuff they can offer. Is there anything I should even consider? If so what kind of price should I be able to negotiate for? Guess I'm asking about extended warranty or protection packages, etc. I have purchased these in the past with mixed results, however the internet seems to suggest they are almost always not worth it. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

If there is a good thread on this already feel free to point me to it, I didn't see anything with a search.
We’ve purchased road hazard policies on our past few vehicles, and we’ve always used them.

On this purchase, we also added the lifetime warranty (before they were discontinued). But we bought that from Ziegler, not our local dealer.

Trueblood

Reaction score
Awesome info, thanks! Am I reading this correctly that I can buy these anytime after I make the purchase?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online