5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any advice?

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am wanting to remove the OEM 4x4 off-road decals off the side of my truck but scared to damage the paint or clear in the process. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated! I am also wanting to de-badge the tail gate and side moldings and ram logo any suggestions on tackling that would be appreciated as well.

Thanks in advance.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Depending on what kind of sticker, vinal, thingy you have fishing line and rotating removers work well.

I bought this years ago.

You can use the rubber wheel and attach it to a drill to remove vinyl.
Clean the surface and then dry it, use this and GENTLY touch the vinal and it will come right off.
It may leave some little scarps on the paint but they don't stick and you can wipe, or just spray off with a hose.
After done just use regular carwash and go over the area to make sure it's got a nice shine like the rest of the paint as what was under the decal would just be bare clearcoat from the factory.

I did this on my 2018 Silverado to remove 4x4 on each rear quarter panel.

1682373831096.png

Also you can't really debadge the tailgate.
It will still have the Ram outline and likely look really dumb imo.

BTB123

Reaction score
A blow dryer and fishing line. Don’t over heat them but get the adhesive nice and warm. They come off pretty east but it’s a bit time consuming to remove all the residue.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
A blow dryer and fishing line. Don’t over heat them but get the adhesive nice and warm. They come off pretty east but it’s a bit time consuming to remove all the residue.
Residue comes off with Googone.
Also cleans right off the clear\paint after.

Wirerat

Reaction score
Wd40 is also good at removing glue without damaging paint. Works great on tree sap/tar too.

Just clean with soap and water after.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Mine peeled right off without leaving ang residue behind. Removed mine on a hot summer day shortly after I bought it. No blow dryer, no fishing line. The badge that was a PITAz was the dealer badge they put on. That thing was really stuck on.

Users who are viewing this thread