5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any 2025 orders receive a VIN yet?

PatrickLeedleLee

Reaction score
My understanding is February would be spent on level 1 builds and March would be spent on Level 2 builds, not sure if that applied to custom orders or not or if that matters. Has anyone had an update on their order at all?

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
nothing yet, I have a limited 4x4 6'4 bed with level 1, ORG, tow group and pano roof Del Red. ordered in January . so far just the order confirmation email from Ram is all I have gotten.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Nope. 2025 Limited.
I am curious if anyone ordered a SO and received a VIN.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Here's my original post asking about 2025 order updates.

RAM 4times

Reaction score
Just got another e-mail from my salesman today and he said my order is still in C status, no vin yet. I guess we'll all have to be patient. Not much else we can do.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I am starting to get the sense that there just aren’t that many people getting 2025s at this point. I have never ordered a truck like this and definitely have never built a truck from a dealer before it’s available to the public. It just seems like there are about 5 people that are active on these forms that ordered a 2025. I assume it might ramp up now that the public builder is out there but it still feels quiet. I have nothing to reference snd I was curious if anyone else has any insight in previous truck releases.

PetePA

Reaction score
I'll be ordering mine as soon as the rest of the colors are available provided it's not before 4/5 (30 days after I signed up for affiliate discount). This is my first time ordering a new vehicle and first time with a truck... super excited!

Best guess I'll order in 2 months, wait 3 months and have in by August at some point... just in time for fall fishing!

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
I am starting to get the sense that there just aren’t that many people getting 2025s at this point. I have never ordered a truck like this and definitely have never built a truck from a dealer before it’s available to the public. It just seems like there are about 5 people that are active on these forms that ordered a 2025. I assume it might ramp up now that the public builder is out there, but it still feels quiet. I have nothing to reference, and I was curious if anyone else has any insight in previous truck releases.
I understand your concerns on your order. trust me I have been here before, but it will work out it just takes a lot of patience.
back when Chevy introduced the Colorado for the first year. they were built in Louisiana then. anyway, I ordered one of them just like what we are waiting on now with the rams. communication was spotty on it even to the dealer, but it came in as one of the first ones they built. it got hung up in final inspection then they took it another area for more inspection. once they got a build date for it then it was trackable. I had the same concerns back then as you most likely are experiencing now. ironically this is the same scenario as I had back then with my new ordered Ram. the first year the Colorado was built it had a 5 cylinder brand new engine just like the Rams 3.0's I was so concerned about getting a hunk of crap engine that it about drove me crazy. but in the end, it turned out that it was a good engine and good little truck at least for me. that was 20 some years ago and it was my last small truck. so, I am hoping that this 3.0 in the Ram turns out the same and I am hoping that the new wiring architectures in the 25s will prevent many of the problems with electrical we see and hear about on the Rams. I think once the build date and vin get issued things will seem more normal. I have special ordered my last 5 trucks and they all came in just as ordered. usually took 6-8 weeks from date of order, but these may take a bit longer like my Colorado did and it came within 8 weeks if I remember correctly once they had started production on them that is. we just need to get them to get building the higher end models of the Rams. I have not heard if production started this week on the Ho models yet or not.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I am starting to get the sense that there just aren’t that many people getting 2025s at this point. I have never ordered a truck like this and definitely have never built a truck from a dealer before it’s available to the public. It just seems like there are about 5 people that are active on these forms that ordered a 2025. I assume it might ramp up now that the public builder is out there but it still feels quiet. I have nothing to reference snd I was curious if anyone else has any insight in previous truck releases.

Here, this will cheer you up. It could always be worse. :ROFLMAO:

Lunar TRX Tracker 2.jpg

jonusko

Reaction score
My order went one step forward and two steps back. I ordered a 2025 Laramie on Jan 13th, which has been stuck in the Confirmed status. Since the build was not scheduled, I asked the dealer to add some accessories a week ago. He finally did this yesterday, but he could not modify the existing order and placed a new one. Now I am back to waiting on a confirmation. The new pending order shows two charges that should be included in two of the option groups, and the Advanced Safety Group II is flagged with a "Restriction". That was not the case with the original order. I assume the extra charges will get ironed out, but the restriction will delay my build date even more. I suspect they do not have all the parts or software ready yet.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Here, this will cheer you up. It could always be worse. :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 178567
At first glance I thought you were bragging because I thought this was a 2025. Then I realized the dates. I am not that concerned with my Truck since I know its going to be a while. It just seems like there aren't that many other people who ordered 2025s, not sure if its the SSTT or the price but it just seems quiet for a new truck release around here.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My order went one step forward and two steps back. I ordered a 2025 Laramie on Jan 13th, which has been stuck in the Confirmed status. Since the build was not scheduled, I asked the dealer to add some accessories a week ago. He finally did this yesterday, but he could not modify the existing order and placed a new one. Now I am back to waiting on a confirmation. The new pending order shows two charges that should be included in two of the option groups, and the Advanced Safety Group II is flagged with a "Restriction". That was not the case with the original order. I assume the extra charges will get ironed out, but the restriction will delay my build date even more. I suspect they do not have all the parts or software ready yet.
Dealers were mentioning to me that they couldn't order certain features last week or so due to the exact thing you mentioned. Its not like amazon where you can cancel an order mid production and not have any issues. :-(

PatrickLeedleLee

Reaction score
At first glance I thought you were bragging because I thought this was a 2025. Then I realized the dates. I am not that concerned with my Truck since I know its going to be a while. It just seems like there aren't that many other people who ordered 2025s, not sure if its the SSTT or the price but it just seems quiet for a new truck release around here.
I mean to most it’s not really a new truck. Changes are so minor (outside of power train) that for most there’s likely not enough to jump at it.

Users who are viewing this thread