5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Antifreeze for a ram 1500 5.7L

SAPPER81

Reaction score
I live in Fairbanks and the winter will be here shortly. The question i have is. Do I need to change the factory radiator fluid for the winter or is it already mixed accordingly?

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Oh wow! I thing they can go down to -35... -40-50 is way too low... I'd change it...

turkeybird56

Reaction score
Is the truck new or a few years old. If run for a while, find the chart for the proper mix and change out. If pretty new, U can drain off some and add concentrate. The RAM Dealer up there should be well versed on this ref anti-freeze and temps and assist U. U also gotta know which anti-freeze U R running. OAT/HOAT, conventional and add correct stuff, because U cannot mix OAT OR HOAT with anything else. Again, yer RAM dealer up there should help U. Attaching anti=-freeze chart ref mixtures and temps, for general knowledge.

anti freeze.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread