5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anti Theft for 2022' 1500 Limited

GP-TEK

Reaction score
Late to the party, but I like the idea of a fake ODB2 port. May have to grab one off a junk yard and place in stock location and move the real one somewhere else.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can also add Safety film to the Glass like tinting. I purchased some 12mil for my truck that I still have to install.
The Glass will be tougher to break, so it may keep some of the Low Lifes out.

Malodave

irishwake63

Reaction score
For what it’s worth, IMHO you have two options:

1). Trade your Limited for a Tradesman or a Big Horn. I’ve literally seen it on my camera where thieves will walk past my truck and over to a Limited or Longhorn to break a window for a set of cowboy boots and other crap of value they found inside.

2). Stick a big blue oval on the front and back of your Limited. No self-respective thief would lower themselves to steal a Ford! 😉. Your friends will give you hell but you won’t have to worry about it getting jacked!
at least the Ford has a FREE app that will tell you where your vehicle is at all times whether its stolen or not where Ram wants 15 bucks a month

SShadow1974

Reaction score
Battery disconnect is what I would go with. Just disconnect it when you're parking while traveling.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I feel your pain… in 2015 I bought a new F150 super cab. I took it to OKC to visit family over the Xmas timeframe. Parked at a major chain hotel in a well lit lot. Next morning the extra cab window was broken in/out and the rock was on the floor. All they took was maybe a $40 value Xmas gift.
The hotel was of no help of course.

Safelite had 1, only 1 of those new design windows in all of OKC. Took 2 days to get it and then installed. For the rest of the time I owned it I could hear glass bits clink when the extra cab door was opened or closed. (They tried but couldnt get all the glass bits vacuumed out).

It sucks but nothing will keep the crackhead from breaking your glass.

Now theft of the vehicle? Maybe a good alarm or try going on YT Chris Fix, he has a video about installing a remote kill swich for the fuel pump. Might be an idea. “How to install a hidden kill switch…” has 16.5 million views… How do you spell “ad revenue”!

Last edited:

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know how this thread revived from the dead, but since it's open again: Ravelco or IGLA are the two best options for anti-theft.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
It‘s actually something most any owner might want to know or consider, what with vehicle theft and break-ins so rampant, especially in major cities. The whole “intercept the key fob transmission” thing is a dangerous thing for owners. your truck can get jacked in mere seconds without break in damage, just “byebye truck”.

While there‘s YT vids about the simple “club” not being a great deterrent, it might keep the lower skill thief from even breaking your glass since it’s so visible. Just about nothing will keep the professionals, with their shopping list of high value vehicles from stealing the one they want.

Reference YT:”How high tech thieves steal a car in minutes” CBC News or something like that…

Last edited:

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It‘s actually something most any owner might want to know or consider, what with vehicle theft and break-ins so rampant, especially in major cities. The whole “intercept the key fob transmission” thing is a dangerous thing for owners. your truck can get jacked in mere seconds without break in damage, just “byebye truck”.

While there‘s YT vids about the simple “club” not being a great deterrent, it might keep the lower skill thief from even breaking your glass since it’s so visible. Just about nothing will keep the professionals, with their shopping list of high value vehicles from stealing the one they want.

Reference YT:”How high tech thieves steal a car in minutes” CBC News or something like that…
Go research the two products I listed above. They will prevent key fob cloning. And both are effective at preventing thefts from programming a new key. Sure, anything can be defeated with enough time, but both of these would take a considerable amount of time to bypass. Like, hours of time.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Go research the two products I listed above. They will prevent key fob cloning. And both are effective at preventing thefts from programming a new key. Sure, anything can be defeated with enough time, but both of these would take a considerable amount of time to bypass. Like, hours of time.
Thanks. This thread really deserves becoming a “stickie” due to the prevalence of theft. Maybe not for Tradesman or BH trucks but heck, these fools will steal anything.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks. This thread really deserves becoming a “stickie” due to the prevalence of theft. Maybe not for Tradesman or BH trucks but heck, these fools will steal anything.
There are a ton of threads on here that discuss anti-theft devices, I just kinda figured everyone had read one of them at some point.

Here's a post I made a little while back, discussing the high-level differences between IGLA and Ravelco.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Losing your ride due to theft would suck but there is insurance for that.
For this, not so much: “'I come home and my driveway is gone': Florida woman shocked by bizarre theft”.

The story is a few days old but if you didn't see it...
Ya gotta’ wonder about this really strange stuff that is happenng.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Losing your ride due to theft would suck but there is insurance for that.

Yeah, but that’s a PIA. And, unless your truck is brand new, you get screwed. They will only cover what the truck is worth at the time. So, you have to come up with the difference between what they give you and what a new truck costs. I’d much rather do what I can to prevent having to go through all that mess.

Ravelco for the win.

In 47 Years - Not One Vehicle Ever Stolen!​

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, but that’s a PIA. And, unless your truck is brand new, you get screwed. They will only cover what the truck is worth at the time. So, you have to come up with the difference between what they give you and what a new truck costs. I’d much rather do what I can to prevent having to go through all that mess.
That, and the rest of society would appreciate not having to pay more for insurance because of a "let them steal it, that's what insurance is for" attitude.

T3FLONDON

Reaction score
I purchased the TazerDT for my truck. Seems to be pretty solid

Users who are viewing this thread